Road Atlanta this weekend

upnadam

Lemme just say this...

Wooo.jpg

Thanks to all the CR's and DIR's for making it work and as well to all the passers and pass "ees." Made some new friends and caught up with some older ones. (Some were both [cough] Moonbeam). Hope everyone got home safe. Until next time...

litespeed

:agree:

Definitely, thanks to all of the directors and CRs!! Another great weekend with NESBA. It was great to see everyone and to get to know some new people. I had a great time hanging out at the meet and greet and listening to some wonderful stories. Special thanks to CRs Calvin, Eddie Lord, And Courtney for working with me to get my confidence back. It isn't there yet, but I am working on it.

Lynda

dfaldridge

It was deffinatly good times!!! And seemed to be a safe weekend, thanks to all of us for being patient. I'm sure I was in the way a lot out there.:wow:

jcrich

Yes, great weekend.

Thanks to DJ for loaning me a 30amp extension cord and John Allen for the pigtail to connect up to those crazy power pedestals.

Big thanks to Jaymi for slowing down a little so I could hang. As I told you I have chased those Clarion leathers through :i: group and now still chasing them in :a: :D

And to "Hollywood" Lewis for giving me a laugh when he tapped my knee puck as he went flying by. :cheers:

Southerly

It was a great weekend. Thanks to all the CRs who helped me out there this weekend. I would list the names of the CRs, but I am terrible at names. Matt is the only one I remember by name, but thanks to all of you. I got to a chase a few of them around and learn the lines, particularly through turns 2, 3, and 4. I don't quite have it yet, but was getting close. It was nice not to feel like a rolling chicane out there for a change. The somewhat crowded track and demo riders gave me practice at passing, which is a somewhat new experience for me.

I had a new experience with getting black flagged on Saturday going down the back straight. The spring was gone from my kickstand and it was dragging. I am glad they got me before I went into turn 10. :eek: I took the stand off for the rest of the weekend.

The only bad part was I managed to twist my knee getting off my bike after the fifth session on Sunday:eek:, so that ended my weekend.

rugbydawg13

+1 on the weekend. Had a blast and busted my Road Atlanta cherry. After growing up watching races there, it was nice to finally run the track. I'll be back. And thanks to NESBA for a great Sunday. To their credit, whenever there is bitching about a previous day, the next one seems to go off 10 times better. I wasn't there Saturday but Sunday was practically flawless for B group. Lot o fun.

Mr.DJ

rugbydawg13;184944 wrote: +1 on the weekend. Had a blast and busted my Road Atlanta cherry. After growing up watching races there, it was nice to finally run the track. I'll be back. And thanks to NESBA for a great Sunday. To their credit, whenever there is bitching about a previous day, the next one seems to go off 10 times better. I wasn't there Saturday but Sunday was practically flawless for B group. Lot o fun.
Yes, indeed.

After reflecting on the comments, and riding around "without" a CR shirt, we made some changes Sat night. Sunday numbers were about the same, but we corrected some issues. Thanks for noticing. Those changes will carry out through the year.

DJ

rugbydawg13

Mr.DJ;184951 wrote: Yes, indeed.

After reflecting on the comments, and riding around "without" a CR shirt, we made some changes Sat night. Sunday numbers were about the same, but we corrected some issues. Thanks for noticing. Those changes will carry out through the year.

DJ
Just so you know, you "undercover" guys aren't all that stealthy in B group. I'd be pushing my best and then you go flying by me in blue and white leathers like I'm standing still while. You might as well have had a CR flag on the back. lol Thanks for a great weekend. See you guys at VIR.

TeamBeer

I was happy, as I was able to cut over 10 seconds off of my lap times. 10 more and I will be really happy. It was good meeting you Southerly. What time did the meet and great start? I hung around until about 6:45, but I was beat and headed for the hotel. I still have a cooler full of beer.

Southerly

Sorry I had to turn you down on that offer of a beer. It was great hanging out with you in the pits.

I don't run a timer, but I am pretty sure I dropped a whole lot of time off my laps from the start to the finish of the weekend. Maybe someday I will be able to hang with you on the track as well.:D

moonbeam

Lynda
It was great meeting you hope you had a good time , i know I did . Hope to see you , and Dave North North.

Moonbeam

Southerly

It was really nice meeting you there. I hope the great weekend helped in getting your confidence back. I seem to have finally put the ghosts behind me, and had an absolute blast. I want to do it again this weekend.:D

litespeed

Southerly;185391 wrote: It was really nice meeting you there. I hope the great weekend helped in getting your confidence back. I seem to have finally put the ghosts behind me, and had an absolute blast. I want to do it again this weekend.:D
It was nice meeting you too!! Meeting great people is one of my favorite aspects of track weekends. My confidence is definitely coming back. I can't wait until N/N. I know I just need more seat time to fully banish the demons!!

Thanks