Road Atlanta?

Bseville

I was wondering if pets are allowed at RA. I was told last year they were not, but when I got there people had pets with them. I know their website says no pets but wondering if they make exceptions for NESBA? I hate to drive from PA and find out they are not allowed there.

Gorilla

Control Rider
Last time I was there they were at the riders meeting as long as you clean up after them and keep them on a leash it should be cool.

roy 826

I personally never understood the "bring my dog to the track" mentallity, your child maybe but your pet.

JRA

roy 826;41476 wrote: I personally never understood the "bring my dog to the track" mentallity, your child maybe but your pet.

Some people's pets are just like their children and they don't like leaving them in a kennel. What's hard to understand about that?

Meat

roy 826;41476 wrote: I personally never understood the "bring my dog to the track" mentallity, your child maybe but your pet.

Some dogs can't go 12-13 hours without going to the bathroom, and then there is the issue of courtesy to other hotel guests in case your dog barks while you are gone.

The biggest reason we bring our dog to the track is that hotel check out is usually around 11:00 AM, while we are at the track.

We usually leave on Friday night, after work, and after kennels are closed. We get back in the middle of the night on Sunday night/ Monday morning. That would make it 4 days in the kennel, at anywhere between $20 and $50/day in this part of the country, if we did not bring him along.

roy 826

JRA;41499 wrote: Some people's pets are just like their children and they don't like leaving them in a kennel. What's hard to understand about that?
Time and place for everything I suppose and I don't buy the "my pet is my like my child" part either.:doh: seriously what is wrong with this world when we put an animal as an equal to a child:rolleyes: I just don't want to hit one at 100 plus out of no where.

roy 826

FWIW we were at Talladega last Nov. with STT and there was a couple who had a big dog across from us. That dog barked all day, growled at every passer by and was a complete nuisance all day long. God only knows what he would have done had he got loose of the chain for an instant, hit the track running. Looked like animal cruelty to me being chained up all day long so a kennel would be worse, I must have missed something along the way. I am no animal hater but as I said earlier time an place for everything.

Meat

roy 826;41588 wrote: FWIW we were at Talladega last Nov. with STT and there was a couple who had a big dog across from us. That dog barked all day, growled at every passer by and was a complete nuisance all day long. God only knows what he would have done had he got loose of the chain for an instant, hit the track running. Looked like animal cruelty to me being chained up all day long so a kennel would be worse, I must have missed something along the way. I am no animal hater but as I said earlier time an place for everything.
I agree that a dog barking all day long is extremely discourteous, but so is running a really loud generator 75 feet from the users and 20 feet from your neighbor. So, discourtesy doesn't seem like it is only pertains to dog owners.

As far as a dog running on the track: Come on, have you ever seen a dog at a track day run onto the track? Not a wild dog, a dog that belonged to one of the riders? Please don't get caught up in the world of over-sensationalizing, like the way so much of America is leaning.

BTW: This isn't even that big of an issue for me as we have only taken our dog to one trackday since moving hear in June of last year. I just don't see a big deal with people taking their dogs to the track.

JohnS

Kids,dogs, whatever they all need to be taken care of, so if they need to come to the track fine. If they are at the track then they both need to be watched and controlled.

vanbreezy

Pets, children and the like are just a part of the family atmosphere that nesba provides at a track day. And it this atmosphere that i enjoy at the track. I have had more issues with people running loud ass generators than family's with unruly kids or pets to be honest. :saythat:

JRA

Meat, you are right. There are all kinds of things at track days that can be a nuisance. I don't mind if people bring their kids, dogs, or whatever, as long as you are responsible and don't allow them to bother other people. I even understand the loud generator thing as long as people try to be courteous to others in how they set it up.

I have seen a lot of problems caused by children, but never dogs. As examples there was the child on a bicycle who darted out into the path of a rider in the paddock causing the rider to crash and break his arm (that involved a transport by the ambulance causing everybody to lose track time...not a NESBA TD). There was also a time when two kids were riding their bicycles through the paddock, cutting through several pit areas multiple times and being extremely obnoxious. One of them finally T-boned my pit neighbors new truck in the passenger door leaving a huge scratch. Even after this it never even occurred to me to question why people would choose to bring their kids to the track. People just need to be responsible and act within the rules of NESBA and the track.

Roy 826, a lot of people consider their pets as part of the family and treat them accordingly. Lot's of people take their pets on family vacations too, and track days are often mini family vacations. It's a family atmosphere as vanbreezy said. You may not "get it" and that's fine, but others do and you should afford them the same respect that you would expect to get if someone wasn't in agreement with some aspect of your life.

JRA;41612 wrote: You may not "get it" and that's fine, but others do and you should afford them the same respect that you would expect to get if someone wasn't in agreement with some aspect of your life.
Words of wisdom right there folks. :congrats:

Landshark

Control Rider
I will continue to bring my entire Family to the track. They enjoy it and I see no reason to urge them to stay home. One day you and I may even share the track with my boys while they bring their families to the track ( I hope our riding years last that long ). My children will without doubt one day be advocates of our sport.
If at any time you find yourself annoyed at my generator, kids, loud exhaust, etc I hope you come to me and we can find an agreeable solution.

Please don't compare children to pets. Children are humans and have the ability to reason. They don't have inch long teeth, require tags, leashes and hopefully won't crap on your sidewalk.

Our sport thrives on respect. That respect should be carried from the pits to the track and back. Remember everyone needs to do their part. This is as simple as cleaning your trash up to flushing the toilet when your finished.

Hope to see everyone at least once this year on the track and off.

roy 826

First off I did not disrespect anyone I have an opinion I voiced it. I will not apologize for anything. I am not over reacting and I do not own a loud generator, WOW where in the hell did all that come from:dunno: Dogs are unpredictable especially in a loud enviroment such as a trackday therefore they are apt to bolt or do anything like wise under these conditions. so unless you can communicate verbally with your animal you really do not know what he is thinking. Guess we'll just have to wait until the un-thinkable does happen one day, sure hope it's not me that takes out fido on pit out.:eek: I really have nothing more to say about this so flame on it will fall on deaf ears.:popcorn:

Meat

roy 826;41693 wrote: First off I did not disrespect anyone I have an opinion I voiced it. I will not apologize for anything. I am not over reacting and I do not own a loud generator, WOW where in the hell did all that come from:dunno: Dogs are unpredictable especially in a loud enviroment such as a trackday therefore they are apt to bolt or do anything like wise under these conditions. so unless you can communicate verbally with your animal you really do not know what he is thinking. Guess we'll just have to wait until the un-thinkable does happen one day, sure hope it's not me that takes out fido on pit out.:eek: I really have nothing more to say about this so flame on it will fall on deaf ears.:popcorn:
Wow, Roy. Chill out dude. That wasn't a flame and if you voice your opinion how can you expect others not to do the same?

vanbreezy

I for one never said you were over-reacting or you had a loud ass generator. But i do find it incredible that you chose to express your opinion on the BBS and get defensive when people post opposing opinions. One day @ Road atlanta it was a sunday my pit neighbors were using a LOUD ASS generator to run the tv for the family, but the damn generator was so loud they couldn't even hear their own tv. even worst during Quiet time cause there were no bikes going by to drown out the sound of it.

vanelli56

I can see all the points of view coming out here....
On one hand, you never really know what an animal may or may not do at any moment.
On the other hand, you have people that you never really know what they may or may not do at any moment.....:dunno:

But like it has been said.... if you give respect, you'll get respect.

My point of view is that, I have seen kids be more of a problem then pets, but we still allow them.... But I do believe I have heard Brian say at the drivers meeting many times that "all pets and children must be on leashes!" ;)

Thats just the way society is.... not everyone sees things the same way, and we try to come to a common ground.
i.e: The track is not really the place to bring a pet due to the risks involving the pet and the safety of the riders.... BUT NESBA does try to provide for a family fun atmosphere for all people to enjoy....which includes there pets. So with that provisions are put in place to try to satisfy both parties so we can all live happily ever after. Its just life....
:rolleyes:

As far as the loud generator thing goes.... Thats just a pain in the butt. :banghead:
At least have the common courtousy to bring a blender and some margarita mix to run on that loud thing and make life easier on everyone.