Roebling Road Gate times?

sr1

I will be there both Saturday and Sunday. I am bringing my 1200GS (why not, right?) and it will be my first track day experience. Unfortunately I have to ride in so I will have limited possibilities on what I can bring (and will actually show up with my luggage on the bike, full of the day's equipment needs). :(

I already have the reflectors and most of the lights (I have an "adventure bike" complete with gobs of lighting, lol) taped up and my numbers on already...but what do I do with the license plate? Can it stay on? Please?

Jonny

There was a gentleman at VIR South on Sunday who did the same thing. Rode his GS in. Took off the luggage, slapped on some numbers and went zipping around the track. He had a bit of a moment in front of me towards the end of the day (the rear end kicked out a good 6"-8" accelerating up the hill out of the fishhook) but gathered it back up and kept hammering it. There were a couple of guys with license plates on. One guy had his numbers taped over though. Have fun, it's a blast!

sr1;12098 wrote: I will be there both Saturday and Sunday. I am bringing my 1200GS (why not, right?) and it will be my first track day experience. Unfortunately I have to ride in so I will have limited possibilities on what I can bring (and will actually show up with my luggage on the bike, full of the day's equipment needs). :(

I already have the reflectors and most of the lights (I have an "adventure bike" complete with gobs of lighting, lol) taped up and my numbers on already...but what do I do with the license plate? Can it stay on? Please?

sr1

Good to hear! I am quite sure (after looking at the track layout) that the GS would fare far better on a tighter track than Roebling, and I should have actually brought my Triumph Sprint, but as I am working in Savannah just temporarily, I brought the bike that didn't hurt me while traveling. Thanks for the info.

Excitebikemike

Hey Fellas. Name is Mike and I'll be there Sat. to drop the bike off and I'll be riding Sundays Advance class. Can't wait to meet some other local guys like me. I'll be at turn 3 pit area with an old Dunlop tent, riding 05 black R1. Stop in and chat. Cya!