Roll Call Beaverun/Pitt Race April 28/29

Bluenvy

ill be there, coming back after 1.5 years off. i cant freaking wait to be thrown back into the A group shark tank! :D

zenracing

First track day at beaver. Only coming out for sunday and as virgin track rider hopefully someone can answer?
I bought some dunlop qualifiers that have small tears in the groove ?thread of the tire, told that was normal after heat cycle from dunlop reps. But will they pass tech? Running beginner so not really going to tear it up. Any input would be appreciated, and will there be tire guy there? Just in case I need to purchase some new tires and swap them out?
Thanks in advance.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Sounds like suspension/pressure was not set correctly. Unless you are speaking of HUGE tears, you should be OK.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
lemondrop;239450 wrote: Sounds like suspension/pressure was not set correctly. Unless you are speaking of HUGE tears, you should be OK.
Agreed. Can you post a pic so we can see? And there should be tire service there. Never ridden the track? Did you use the tires on the street, or did you buy them used?

...and welcome! :)

fitz

I admit I'm a weather watcher, just for amusment I'll look two weeks ahead, but I don't take it serious until a couple days before, but darn.

Snow showers. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 30s

And a couple days later they are calling for sunny and in the 70s, stupid PA weather. :mad:

The Weather--> :haha: :(

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
fitz;239630 wrote: I admit I'm a weather watcher, just for amusment I'll look two weeks ahead, but I don't take it serious until a couple days before, but darn.

Snow showers. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 30s

And a couple days later they are calling for sunny and in the 70s, stupid PA weather. :mad:

The Weather--> :haha: :(

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
ToddG;239639 wrote: Wait one cotton picking minute! We don't discuss the weather on here!! It's bad mojo!! The Beave' has it's own weather pattern anyways, so why bother looking! See all of you there! ;)
:agree:

ama146

im not a member yet, so from what i gather it costs me $25 extra just because i havent bought a membership. but a membership is $25, so if i buy that and THEN buy the trackday, it comes out to the same price right? and then future trackdays i get the discounted price? or do i need to buy a membership for $25 and then still pay the extra $25 since i dont have the elite membership?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
ama146;239707 wrote: im not a member yet, so from what i gather it costs me $25 extra just because i havent bought a membership. but a membership is $25, so if i buy that and THEN buy the trackday, it comes out to the same price right? and then future trackdays i get the discounted price? or do i need to buy a membership for $25 and then still pay the extra $25 since i dont have the elite membership?
http://www.nesba.com/Info/Downloads/manual.pdf

You'll probably find the answer in here. I think guests pay $25 more for an event? If so, if you pay the membership fee first, then you should get the member rate for the trackday. However, if you're then signing up for BeaveRun this weekend, you're going to pay the $30 late fee for not registering 15 days prior to the event.

Once you've paid the $25 membership, all subsequent days that year are at the member rate. What the elite membership allows you to do is sign up or cancel within 15 days and not pay the late fees. There's other perks too. Check the manual:rtfm:

betarace

ama146;239707 wrote: im not a member yet, so from what i gather it costs me $25 extra just because i havent bought a membership. but a membership is $25, so if i buy that and THEN buy the trackday, it comes out to the same price right? and then future trackdays i get the discounted price? or do i need to buy a membership for $25 and then still pay the extra $25 since i dont have the elite membership?

in general your membership fee is recouped by reduced (member) pricing for your events. Usually you "make back" the membership fee after 1-2 events (tops). The fee is a bargain next to other clubs in consideration of the excellent product that the club offers. On the fence? Do a free intro (2 sessions)!

Bry

What kind of turn out does Beaver typically get for track days? I live 15 minutes from the track but I've never been there for an event. Is it real busy? Roughly how many riders go out in each group?

ama146

thanks fellas i'll just buy the membership then. how is the intermediate group for nesba? i usually ride with motoseries and sometimes STT. i hear that nesba doesnt allow anyone into expert unless they hold a race license? does that make the intermediate a meat-grinder class?