Roll Call Beaverun/Pitt Race April 28/29

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
ama146;239743 wrote: thanks fellas i'll just buy the membership then. how is the intermediate group for nesba? i usually ride with motoseries and sometimes STT. i hear that nesba doesnt allow anyone into expert unless they hold a race license? does that make the intermediate a meat-grinder class?
I think you'll find Nesba's Intermediate group a lot faster and more predictible than some other org's Advanced groups, certainly much more so than other org's Intermediate groups. That's been my experience at least. Some complain about nesba's bump system, but I think it works well.

It's an expert race license you need to sign up in nesba Advance group as a new member, the first time riding with nesba. After that, you can earn your way into Advanced race license or not.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Bry;239739 wrote: What kind of turn out does Beaver typically get for track days? I live 15 minutes from the track but I've never been there for an event. Is it real busy? Roughly how many riders go out in each group?
Turnout varies. I forget how many are allowed on course at a time, but nesba doesn't overbook. Once the max number is reached, registration is closed.

fitz

ama146;239743 wrote: thanks fellas i'll just buy the membership then. how is the intermediate group for nesba? i usually ride with motoseries and sometimes STT. i hear that nesba doesnt allow anyone into expert unless they hold a race license? does that make the intermediate a meat-grinder class?
Just to give you an idea, when I was in NESBA's B group at the time and rode with Motoseries "open/I" group I was (easily) in the upper part of that group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjWG_MJC6U4

And Judy is right you will find NESBA much more predictable.

ama146

Well I run a 1:10 give or take at Beaverun. I'll be alright in intermediate, right? You guys are making it seem like intermediate is like expert in other orgs.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
I ran a 1.03 around beave. Average low 1.04's.

Though time does not matter as much as consistency with NESBA. Besides, you should not be "held" up in intermediate if you are consistent and smooth at the Beave. So many places to make a safe pass.

C u Der

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
ama146;239757 wrote: Well I run a 1:10 give or take at Beaverun. I'll be alright in intermediate, right? You guys are making it seem like intermediate is like expert in other orgs.
Yup, you'll be fine. Also to consider is predictibilty, smoothness, and good form. If all that goes along with that laptime, you're good! :D

Landshark

Control Rider
1:10 puts you where you signed up, smack in the middle of the intermediate group. You'll often see 1:07s in the pointy end of the intermediate group.
All that said time isn't what the groups are all about. Skills are evaluated more heavily than any lap time.

EX; rider can manage a 1:04 but runs off the track every other lap. Another does 1:06 and looks like it's a milk run.

I'd put my bets on the 1:06 not to run someone off the track.

mmmfishrighton

Control Rider
There is no Nesba meat-grinder class. People in the intermediate group are mostly predictable...if someone around you is not, then pit in. Have fun at Beaverun. That rhymes.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
HondaGalToo;239711 wrote: http://www.nesba.com/Info/Downloads/manual.pdf

You'll probably find the answer in here. I think guests pay $25 more for an event? If so, if you pay the membership fee first, then you should get the member rate for the trackday. However, if you're then signing up for BeaveRun this weekend, you're going to pay the $30 late fee for not registering 15 days prior to the event.

Once you've paid the $25 membership, all subsequent days that year are at the member rate. What the elite membership allows you to do is sign up or cancel within 15 days and not pay the late fees. There's other perks too. Check the manual:rtfm:
Judy is point on but one clarification...

Per the manual elite members can cancel up to 9 AM the morning of the event, not 15 days. I know what Judy meant but when I read her entry made me question and had to double check.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
dark nater;239780 wrote: Judy is point on but one clarification...

Per the manual elite members can cancel up to 9 AM the morning of the event, not 15 days. I know what Judy meant but when I read her entry made me question and had to double check.
Sorry, thanks for clarifying. Yeah, I meant if you have a regular membership you have to cancel 15 days before the event to get any credits back; if within 15 days you forfeit the cost. With the Elite membership you can cancel anytime, including within the 15 day limit (that you can't with the basic membership) including up till 9AM the morning of the event and get credits back. See pages 5-8 of the riders' manual for clarification on the membership levels, cancellation rules, etc.

For the $25 membership:
"...Once you have registered for a track day, you may cancel up to 30
days prior to the event without penalty, with the exception of a $5
processing fee. You may cancel between 15 and 30 days prior to the
event and receive a NESBA account credit. No cancellations will be
accepted less than 15 days prior to an event; however, you may sell/
transfer your spot to another NESBA member. *Under certain
circumstance (i.e. a serious injury to a member) NESBA may allow the
transfer of credits from one member to another without surcharge..."

For the Elite Membership:
"...Elite members are entitled to all of the standard membership benefits in
addition to the following:
o No late fees for registration. Elite members NEVER pay a late
fee and can sign up for an event any time at the standard price.
(providing there is space available in their group).
o Flexible Cancellation. Elite Members can cancel up to the
morning of the event(9 a.m.) and be issued full credit (minus a
$5 processing fee).
o Event Cancellation Insurance. If an event has to be cancelled
you will receive 100% credit to be used at another NESBA event.
Event cancellation credits will be added to your online account
and can be used to purchase NESBA events or memberships
(credits will expire after 365 days and are non transferable). If an
event is cancelled after it has started no credits will be issued.
You do not have to be present to receive credit for a cancelled
event. Event cancellation is at the sole discretion of the event
Director and any determination to cancel an event will be made
by the Director on the day of the event.
o Elite Membership. Elite members will receive an Elite member
ID card, a NESBA Elite member T-shirt, and NESBA Elite member
stickers.
o Free Elite Memberships. Members who attend 12 or more
events in a season will receive a free Elite Membership on 1/1 of
the following year..."

:D

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
Bry;239739 wrote: What kind of turn out does Beaver typically get for track days? I live 15 minutes from the track but I've never been there for an event. Is it real busy? Roughly how many riders go out in each group?
Beave' Run typically sees 20-30 riders in B&I and 15-20 in A. We have a limit of 40 riders on the track for ant one group, which for a track the size of Beave' is still comfortable. I will be running the event, so if you have any questions stop over and see me. I'll see you there!

Todd

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
ama146;239707 wrote: im not a member yet, so from what i gather it costs me $25 extra just because i havent bought a membership. but a membership is $25, so if i buy that and THEN buy the trackday, it comes out to the same price right? and then future trackdays i get the discounted price? or do i need to buy a membership for $25 and then still pay the extra $25 since i dont have the elite membership?
Also as a member you get crash/mechanical insurance that as a nonmember you do not. So, if you have an issue in the first 3 sessions of the day prior to lunch, you would receive a 1/2 day credit. As a nonmember that is not available.

fitz

Darn Todd you are just on it today, where were you when I was doing my taxes a couple weeks ago?! :banghead:

Bluenvy

today wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to turn out to be, rain held off long enough to get a good portion of the day in

fitz

Great day yesterday, I opted out of Saturday, great seeing everyone.

Congrats to Jared on his A bump.

I'll try and get a couple vids up so you guys might be able see yourselves on the track.

fitz