ROLL CALL! Summit 6/5-7

Lars

Thank you NESBA for the rain credit.
The rain insurance is an important member perks for me and a lot of my riding buddies.

Cu @ the track,
Lars

probuzz

i was out in the b group friday for 2 sessions. new to nesba and never been to summit before, so riding in the rain was a bit of an interesting proposition. wasn't too bad,didn't get to really honk any corners but i did practice my smooth and had fun. a few slides here n there kept it interesting and i definitely gained some confidence riding tires with less than ideal traction. was a little bummed out the track got oiled,but such is the nature of things. I just wanted to let the organizers know i enjoyed their efforts and also appreciate the 1/2 day credit, and the girl walking the little dog looks very nice in leathers.

Twiztedjester55

I went out in the first session on Friday with race tires on, was it a little slick, yeah, did I pit in, yeah, did I like it, no, did I feel it was unsafe, no. I probably could have went back out with my race tires and rode I just didn't want too. If i had street/track tires (not rains) which most B and a few I guys run it would have been fine. I think most of the bitching is ridiculous and any other org. wouldn't have refunded a dime, but Nesba refunded a half day credit which I'm grateful for but wasn't expecting and don't think Nesba had too.
I would like to thank Nesba for a great weekend and I had a blast on Jefferson for my first time on Saturday.

Joe Vital

I have a question for all of you guys that are so concerned about your safety, where were you when the Air Fence needed to be installed?

There were two members, John, and me, along with my wife and two year old daughter to help Andy with the installation Thursday evening.

Not one of you people complaining about NESBA's decision to run were there to help. Not one! Yet you get on the BBS and discuss the ethics of this club as though you hold some moral high ground.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
on that note....i got there at 8...where you still setting up?? and if so....do I just drive out on the track?? or walk??

sternsi

Control Rider
I have a question for all of you guys that are so concerned about your safety, where were you when the Air Fence needed to be installed?

There were two members, John, and me, along with my wife and two year old daughter to help Andy with the installation Thursday evening.

Not one of you people complaining about NESBA's decision to run were there to help. Not one! Yet you get on the BBS and discuss the ethics of this club as though you hold some moral high ground.
:adore::agree::congrats:

Blaise

Joe Vital;60550 wrote: I have a question for all of you guys that are so concerned about your safety, where were you when the Air Fence needed to be installed?

I was stuck at work until 7PM on thursday night :( I thought a ton of people were planning on helping out? :confused:

RacerRuss

Rain, thanks for the 1/2 credit

I think I was the only A guy riding in the rain. I thought it was a pretty good time. I could fart around, look for new lines, new turn in points, new body positions and found some spots to ride that gave decent traction in the wet. If it would have rained I think I would have had a leg up on Saturday and Sunday in the WERA races.

Thanks again for the 1/2 day credit, it was totally unexpected.

mike574

I don't think it should be up to the rider to get ther money back. If it was any time the track got wet I would ask for a refund and just sit back watch and have a few beers. Every one is lucky NESBA gave the 1/2 day credit, b/c any other org. the second a wheel turns on the track it a track day no money refunded even it it's only one session. Was the day as bad as this I was at this day with another org, did not ride but did not bitch about it b/c people did go out and ride.

stiffy.jpg

NDough;60458 wrote: Mike,
No offense taken:) and I don't think anyone here sees any of this as an argument.
so all is well.
On clairification of the statement. I said first thing in the morning before tires roll you have to make your decision. If you are on the track at all then you pay full price.
However, if it is really that bad (not everyone is there to learn in the rain) then let them have a choice to get a CREDIT... NOT money back. I do feel Nesba is a great organization.
it is run well. All organizations have issues thats not a big deal. Its how an organization deals with the issues at hand:)
Thanks for the conversation, I look forward to hearing back from you:
Thanks again,
John Chalk #222

Twiztedjester55

I've only got one thing to add to this thread that's been bothering me is everyone that is calling out CR's saying this CR didn't ride or this CR said is wasn't safe should be ashamed of themselves. These guys go out there everyday and guide and help us and to try and throw them under the bus is fucking ridiculous.

McLuvin

No one cares about the CR's that are out there to help them. Everyone is about themselves these days. We are a society that thinks everyone owes us something. It rains, give me back my money. I came on some shitty ass tires, give me a credit. I saw 2 sets of rains on moons trailer in the am. I took the loss today, I jsut left the bike in the trailer and sucked it up. I feel it is better to lose the $$$ then to go ride and chance a crash. Sure I hate to throw any kind of money away, but at the same time I know the track still needs to be paid for. Maybe you can ask the track next time if they can refund the money to NESBA, I bet you will love there answer. Maybe the next time you wash your car and it rains and hr later you can tell the car wash to rewash it for free, you did not know it was supposed to rain. Maybe the next time you are out on the track and it is sunny you will pay extra to the CR's that are busting there ASSES all day for YOU...

Oh, thanks to NESBA for the credit, now I can do the 3rd date at Road ATL in JULY!! OH damn, I wont get m multy day discount now, maybe I should call them and tell them that they suck for not giving me that to.

RollieManollie

Control Rider
Joe Vital;60550 wrote: I have a question for all of you guys that are so concerned about your safety, where were you when the Air Fence needed to be installed?

Nesba, thanks for reconsidering and giving us a half day credit. If there was no rain policy I would have never said anything.

Joe, thank you for helping put up the airfence! Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury of living close to Summit Point as you do to be able to arrive early and help with the set up. However, I'd be more than happy to show you copies of checks, pay pal transactions from miscellanous wera auctions and photo buys that help donate to the airfence fund that might take you by surprise.

I can remember helping take down the fence once or twice, then going back to the paddock to pack my things up and getting home at 1:00am.

Thanks NESBA for the half day credit!
I made the decision to ride in the rain and found enough grip out of my shagged race tires. If I can do it I know anyone else can do it! I have only been riding a motorcycle for 2 years and like I said, this I group member can do it anyone can!

As Russ said the credit was totally unexpected! I got to ride a track day and get credit back!!

Will I be able to use my credit for South Carolina this weekend or will it not be in my account by then?