Roll Call: Summit Jefferson

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
ToddG;255604 wrote: I'll be there as well, JC is a ton of fun to ride and a lot of work! No place to rest! See you all there!
Hopefully, you'll stay for Monday as well! I'm heading up Saturday night and staying for the fun on Main on Monday. I've been dealing with a family issue for the last couple months. Looking forward to riding again.

JGardy_781

DDay85;255722 wrote: I'm thinking about going this weekend, probably Sunday. I have been MIA all season because I crashed in Shenandoah National Park the day after breaking up with my girlfriend in May and had to rebuild the SV650.

Anyone able to give me a lift from DC, but only if it's not too much trouble?
might be able to help out - pm me if you're still looking for a ride

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
ToddG;255604 wrote: I'll be there as well, JC is a ton of fun to ride and a lot of work! No place to rest! See you all there!

I'll go as long as you cook! ;)

Ducati Pete

HokieRider;254897 wrote: Who's going to ride the short course in a few weeks??

It will be my first time on Jefferson...and my first time on the track since April :(

Looking forward to it!

JUST checked the weather and........... it is supposed to be a gorgeous three days at Summit......... I am NOT planning on coming as I reopen my business Monday........... but Sunday might be in the works.

Who's CRing this weekend?

Ducati Pete

tdelegram;255905 wrote: I believe we can request a motion at this point to officially make that guy a dick!
I'll second that motion but only if I can join the Dick Club........ Dick Club......... that sounds just wrong. Never mind, I have no interest in being a part of the Dick Club. Could we start a Pussy Club......... I also ride slow enough for immediate initiation.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Ducati Pete;255906 wrote: I'll second that motion but only if I can join the Dick Club........ Dick Club......... that sounds just wrong. Never mind, I have no interest in being a part of the Dick Club. Could we start a Pussy Club......... I also ride slow enough for immediate initiation.
One way to stay out of that club is to show up this weekend and ride. None of this mabi pambi BS about businesses or hygenic napkins. I think the nomination is going to my head?

Ducati Pete

tdelegram;255907 wrote: One way to stay out of that club is to show up this weekend and ride. None of this mabi pambi BS about businesses or hygenic napkins. I think the nomination is going to my head?
Yea Tom but I haven't worked in four months.......... my goal again this year is to work for 8 months take off 4 to go RIDE!!!! If I bust a hand, I'm screwed! That's my thinking. I made four track days with a late start, as you know, and LOVE track riding. I SOOO BADLY want to come for the whole weekend and even Monday's Main but I need to stick this winter's making money............ hence my thought of parking the bike till spring.

BUT THEN AGAIN.......... I might just show up Sunday.
Otherwise, have a great time for me, will ya?
Pete

PJZOCC624

Good thing you got your work done this week!

:saythat::moon::nutkick:

:D

Safe travels! Good luck on the "warm up" laps on your way down! I expect pics and full debrief.

Highboro

How were the track conditions at Jefferson Circuit today? I can't decided if I should sign up for Sunday.

REAL squirrely first two sessions. Third it was coming around. After lunch was pretty good. I registered a complaint at the lunch B group meeting about mud on the track. Yes, most of it was off the race line. No, it didn't cause me to have any problems, but on two occasions I chose not to risk flirting with traction due to the "brown asphalt" and went into the grass. We (collectively as an organization) pay good money for access to the track. I think Summit should reciprocate by cleaning the surface in anticipation of a motorcycle event.

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
HokieRider;256360 wrote: ^^agreed. it wouldnt ahve taken long to get that cleaned up.

and it was distracting
I had them broom it first thing on Sunday, but it didn't seem to help. I think it needed to be power washed! That mud was was distracting, I'll give you that.

Matilda

So.... last TD weekend for this year. It was so good to meet you all again and I had a really good time Saturday. Unfortunately the weekend didn't end so good. Our "yeah, no winter projects" turned into two bikes in urgent need of maintenance and one bike in need of a lot of TLC :banghead:. I'm good though, was lucky to get away a little beaten up but with only a blue thumb and couple of bruises. Thanks Todd and Jim for helping out with loading the bikes!

Have a good winter. See you all, ready and energized for next season :D

/Maria