Roll Call Summit Main, April 15th

Ducati Pete

fitz;269310 wrote: New bike, new gear, new....me.

Back to where it all began, who's with me? :)

I, River (my 130lb Great Pyrenees), a cooler full of homebrew, and the Suzuki will be there. Camping out Sunday. Stop in and have a beer. I've only met Rich and Emerson.......... I look forward to meeting the rest. Be kind to the old fat man!!!

See Ya's
Pete

Zebman

Registered just to say that I bought the Elite membership, trying like hell to get all my crap together to finally get to my first track day.

I'll likely be following GPS there from Morgantown, WV. Will it lead me to the general location or put me down a backroad? lol

Plan to camp. Where do I need to park? Where do I pull in? Is it obviously marked? Where can I set up my get-up for the day?

Never been to Summit Point or the area before. Very nervous i'm not going to make it on time to get some decent sleep. If anybody can help me out, post here, i'll be checking, or PM me. Thanks!

PJZOCC624

Zebman;270412 wrote: Registered just to say that I bought the Elite membership, trying like hell to get all my crap together to finally get to my first track day.

I'll likely be following GPS there from Morgantown, WV. Will it lead me to the general location or put me down a backroad? lol

Plan to camp. Where do I need to park? Where do I pull in? Is it obviously marked? Where can I set up my get-up for the day?

Never been to Summit Point or the area before. Very nervous i'm not going to make it on time to get some decent sleep. If anybody can help me out, post here, i'll be checking, or PM me. Thanks!

I usually use their address from their website for the gps...
201 Motorsports Park Cir · Summit Point WV
... and it's all backroads to the track! Depending on how you come, but there's a railroad crossing that can be tricky if you're hauling a big trailer/toyhauler (it's a peaked crossing followed by a right turn...).

The paddock is huge, not a lot of grassy area, but enough for those who want to tent. It's obvious when you cross the bridge into the paddock area where to go.

Everybody gets butterflies their first time out... hell I still get butterflies and I've been to the track a few times! Don't sweat it. Just ask for help and you'll find it. Relax, and have fun!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome, Zebman! Like PJ said, it's all backroads! No problem with trailers, though. Once you get to the main gate, you'll tell them you're with nesba and sign the waiver and get a wristband. Once you do that, you'll turn left to head towards Main. Ask the guy at the gate if you're not sure, he'll be happy to direct you. Then the road turns right, up and over a one lane bridge. Over the bridge, the road curves left and you enter the large, mostly paved paddock area. Park wherever you'd like, there's some grass off to your left. There will probably be others there camping. Nesba folks are friendly and helpful - just introduce yourself and ask for help! If you haven't already, check out the rider's manual that can be found by clicking on the 'manuals & forms' tab at the very top of this page.

Ducati Pete

Zebman;270412 wrote: Registered just to say that I bought the Elite membership, trying like hell to get all my crap together to finally get to my first track day.

Hey Zeb,

We should hook up for future rides as I'm from Fairmont. Anyway, I've been to Summit once and followed Google Maps getting off at Cumberland. This time, I'm going to stay on 68/70 until Hagerstown. The Cumberland get off takes you BACK roads to Winchester, VA. Takes the same amount of time either way but it's a rough confusing ride. I personally think the Hagerstown route will be a lot simpler.

See you there,
Pete

bboynicku

Hey i have a friend trying to sign up last minute but the event disappeared from the event registration list. Does that mean it's filled up?

matt2212

bboynicku;270446 wrote: Hey i have a friend trying to sign up last minute but the event disappeared from the event registration list. Does that mean it's filled up?
In your account if you are signed up it will move to the my events section

If he has an account it should show up, I just checked mine and it did...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zebman

PJZOCC624;270415 wrote:
201 Motorsports Park Cir · Summit Point WV
... and it's all backroads to the track! Depending on how you come, but there's a railroad crossing that can be tricky if you're hauling a big trailer/toyhauler (it's a peaked crossing followed by a right turn...).
Oh no. I'm driving a lowered Audi A4 pulling a Harbor Freight 4x8'. Will these tracks torment a lowered car? Or just a large trailer? Are they avoidable?

I'm already nervous and now the Membership page won't load to allow me to register and pay for the event. I'm going to have an aneurism, gah! Is there any chance the event will be full tomorrow? I could pay tomorrow but don't want to risk not getting in.

Fuark this is nerve racking for a first-timer.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Zebman;270465 wrote: Oh no. I'm driving a lowered Audi A4 pulling a Harbor Freight 4x8'. Will these tracks torment a lowered car? Or just a large trailer? Are they avoidable?

I'm already nervous and now the Membership page won't load to allow me to register and pay for the event. I'm going to have an aneurism, gah! Is there any chance the event will be full tomorrow? I could pay tomorrow but don't want to risk not getting in.

Fuark this is nerve racking for a first-timer.
RELAX!!! All is well. You'll be fine on all concerns. Ducati Pete and River are already there all snug as bugs in rugs in their tent.

Just take Summit Point Road slow and easy..not only for your trailer...we saw some deer on the way to Ruby Tuesdays down that road tonight.

Ducfast

Really enjoyed a well run event at Summit by the NESBA Team today.
Made my return to the track feel like I was never away. Well done!
Craig

Zebman

I can't give enough thanks to the many people that helped me out today, but Yank, Collin and Bob really helped me get back out there after a lowside for cheap! John and crew filled my air mattress up because I forgot my inverter, and drilled my front upper to zip tie the windscreen on lol. Dustin, Ed and Vin gave me solid advice and helped calm my nerves after letting my anxiety get the better of me. Everybody was great, I wish on-track had been as great.

Good lawdy B class is fast to me. Was not expecting that. Was everybody in B to shake the dust off or what? I never stood a chance of keeping up with anybody, especially after missing two-three sessions. Even the other one or two gentlemen who said it was their first time ever on a track were on pace with everybody else. Is it always this way?

Between not sleeping, the light mist all morning, new tires, never being on a track before and having not ridden a sportbike in almost two years, I think I had my work cut out for me. Zero confidence. Perhaps next time.

Thanks again everybody!

Ducati Pete

Zebman;270627 wrote: I think I had my work cut out for me. Zero confidence. Perhaps next time.

Thanks again everybody!

Hey Ole Boy (I believe the name is Zack),

All that matters is you were out there doin it. Now, the next time you go, you will know exactly what to expect.

By the Way, Yank really took a liking to you, couldn't stop talking about how nice you are.

Good to meet you on the grid, glad you were in front of me though. LOL

Ducati Pete

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Zebman;270627 wrote: I can't give enough thanks to the many people that helped me out today, but Yank, Collin and Bob really helped me get back out there after a lowside for cheap! John and crew filled my air mattress up because I forgot my inverter, and drilled my front upper to zip tie the windscreen on lol. Dustin, Ed and Vin gave me solid advice and helped calm my nerves after letting my anxiety get the better of me. Everybody was great, I wish on-track had been as great.

Good lawdy B class is fast to me. Was not expecting that. Was everybody in B to shake the dust off or what? I never stood a chance of keeping up with anybody, especially after missing two-three sessions. Even the other one or two gentlemen who said it was their first time ever on a track were on pace with everybody else. Is it always this way?

Between not sleeping, the light mist all morning, new tires, never being on a track before and having not ridden a sportbike in almost two years, I think I had my work cut out for me. Zero confidence. Perhaps next time.

Thanks again everybody!
Welcome to Track Days. Stick with us and you'll learn and grow in ways you never imagined on two wheels....the way you see things on the road will change.

I was on my way home from Summit last night and just South of Frederick about 10:30pm at 70mph in my Honda Pilot I encountered two deer casually crossing the interstate. One in my lane (left) and one half in the other lane, and I didn't have time to stop..did I panic..nope. I shaved off as much speed as I could and aimed between the two. Swear on the way by I could have reached out and grabbed one's tail. Went right between them clean. Where'd I learn to process what I was seeing and react quickly and make a safe decision?

11 years of NESBA.

Yank 521

Control Rider
Zebman;270627 wrote: I can't give enough thanks to the many people that helped me out today, but Yank, Collin and Bob really helped me get back out there after a lowside for cheap! John and crew filled my air mattress up because I forgot my inverter, and drilled my front upper to zip tie the windscreen on lol. Dustin, Ed and Vin gave me solid advice and helped calm my nerves after letting my anxiety get the better of me. Everybody was great, I wish on-track had been as great.

Thanks again everybody!
no worries, glad we got you back out there.

Yank 521

Control Rider

Thanks again everybody!
Ducati Pete;270632 wrote:
Hey Ole Boy (I believe the name is Zack),

All that matters is you were out there doin it. Now, the next time you go, you will know exactly what to expect.

By the Way, Yank really took a liking to you, couldn't stop talking about how nice you are.

Good to meet you on the grid, glad you were in front of me though. LOL

Ducati Pete
he was cool, you not so much. :haha: just kidding, was good to meet you also. :rtfm:

motorkas

I just wanted to echo the sentiments above!!!!!!!!! Great event, even better people. . . .and it never ceases to amaze me just how fast (and knowledgable) NESBIANS are in all groups. Mario - can't thank you enough for all the advice, both on working on skill sets, pit lane essentials, "nice to haves" and little insights into the race line at the track. Dave - really can't thank you enough for working with me in the afternoon session and not only giving me "areas of development" to work on but also the strategies to start that work!!!!!!!!! NESBA - thanks for setting up packages that cut the overall costs for trackdays (every little bit helps and it really is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!) And Stealth - now that I know who to look for - definitely finding you alot earlier at NJMP:).

Despite the weather in the morning it really was a blast. It was my first time at SPM and it definitely wasn't a dissapointment - can't wait to get back and really work on the line as well as continue to methodically hone the skills I need to make me smoother.

THANK YOU EVERYONE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

moman

Had a blast for my first time on this track! Thanks to Kevin and Cookieman for giving me some pointers for the right line at #5.
The beemer sure did love that 2,900' straight:)