Roll call... VIR north july 15,16

zangman

I'm in for both.

Regarding tire changing don't they still have the tire changer in the tech building? I might be convinced to bring my SnapOn digital balancer but people would need to bring double sided tape and duct tape for weights. Just a thought...

gblack

With the pit lane rooms being $110 a night and 72hr cancelation policy I'm going brave it with a tent. I realize you can probably camp almost anywhere but is there a common area by the North paddock? Also are there grilling areas that you can throw some charcoal in? I'm sure I'm just thinking about it too much but just trying to make sure I don't forget something.

AJBinVA

I'll be there the 14th-16th. It will be my first track day on two wheels. Super excited. If anyone see me out there on a Black SV650 say hey. I'm always open for advice. I will be camping on site as well.

AJ

gblack

AJBinVA;280776 wrote: I'll be there the 14th-15th. It will be my first track day on two wheels. Super excited. If anyone see me out there on a Black SV650 say hey. I'm always open for advice. I will be camping on site as well.

AJ
I've found everyone lends a hand but there's a few guys setting up together in interest of helping out the newer guys. I've only been to a few days so ill be taking advantage.
http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=28042

AJBinVA

Thanks for the link. I plan on getting to the track Saturday night. Will anyone else be there. Maybe we could swap numbers and hang out. Maybe show me the ropes on getting my stuff in the right spot to make registration and tech go smooth.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
gblack;280762 wrote: With the pit lane rooms being $110 a night and 72hr cancelation policy I'm going brave it with a tent. I realize you can probably camp almost anywhere but is there a common area by the North paddock? Also are there grilling areas that you can throw some charcoal in? I'm sure I'm just thinking about it too much but just trying to make sure I don't forget something.
There isn't really a common area to camp at North course. I only camped there once, and was at the far end of the corner. I got there early, had never been there before, and didn't want to have ambient noise from people in their toyhaulers playing music/partying/pit bikes. It was quiet alright...till those damn cows started moo'ing. All night...

AJBinVA;280776 wrote: I'll be there the 14th-16th. It will be my first track day on two wheels. Super excited. If anyone see me out there on a Black SV650 say hey. I'm always open for advice. I will be camping on site as well.

AJ
I'll be there. If you need any pointers feel free to swing by (Posted in the other thread)

AJBinVA;280786 wrote:
Thanks for the link. I plan on getting to the track Saturday night. Will anyone else be there. Maybe we could swap numbers and hang out. Maybe show me the ropes on getting my stuff in the right spot to make registration and tech go smooth.
It can be overwhelming at first but it's really easy once you've done it a few times. Nothing to worry about. I find it almost impossible to sleep through tech - there will ALWAYS be someone starting up their bikes 10-15 minutes prior to tech starting at 0700. Between that and the excitement of being at the track, there ain't no such thing as sleeping in. :cool:

zangman

Otto Man;280789 wrote: There isn't really a common area to camp at North course. I only camped there once, and was at the far end of the corner. I got there early, had never been there before, and didn't want to have ambient noise from people in their toyhaulers playing music/partying/pit bikes. It was quiet alright...till those damn cows started moo'ing. All night...
LMAO! I forgot about the cows! Two or three years ago there was one cool night I was roughing it on an air mattress in the back of my Denali and heard those #($^@ers. "Moo I say, MOO!"

Sandbag

gblack;280762 wrote: Also are there grilling areas that you can throw some charcoal in?
I don't remember any "park" type grills but your more then welcome to cook whatever you need on my gas grill. I'll be in a white 2500 chevy white trailer red ezup that has SNAP ON on it.

gursesl

Sorry if this was already clarified, but is it 100% fact that there will be no tire vendor and/or change service for the Mon/Tue norths?

gblack

Sandbag;280939 wrote: I don't remember any "park" type grills but your more then welcome to cook whatever you need on my gas grill. I'll be in a white 2500 chevy white trailer red ezup that has SNAP ON on it.
Thanks for the offer! I picked up some easy food earlier today so I'm set.

See you guys there! If traffic doesn't suck I should be there around 5:30

Bryant

He who isn't afraid, isn't trying hard enough.
Wait!!! No tire changing station!?! That's a bummer. I was planning on swapping out my slicks. Anyone bringing a machine? I'll pay you!!! :)

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
In for Monday. Riding the 600RR and since no tire service, I will most likely only be able to do 1 day. Only had a few laps there so I'm sure to be off pace.

junglelogic

In for Monday! Cough... Cough... I'm going to use a sick day so I can come to the track and play with some of the best people I know. Now, I just have to find a way out of this house so I don't have to make the three hour trek tomorrow morning. Could just blow work Tuesday and come down tomorrow.

May see you guys tonight...