Ron Hix Crash Blackhawk Farms Crash - NO BRAKES turn one

GK#103

Thank God is right.jeez that didn't look good,glad your alright.
sidenote...amazing to see such speed & still bringin it down to the apex.
Did i notice new cement patch work out there? how was it?

TheGrouch

The video gives a weird perspective of BHF. Makes it look more flowing than it really is. Maybe Ron's just that SMOOOOOTH!

Brake failure is never good, but at least it wasn't going into the bus stop. Glad you're still kicking mang.

ceptorman

Your Guardian Angel was with you Ron. Nasty lookin crash. Glad you're ok!!!

Was it me or did most of that track look like it's lined with trees and armco?

Didn't see much runoff.

rk97

wow. the first time i watched, it was so quick i almost missed it. second time, I noticed the back-end fishtailing as you lock the rear brake. crazy. that's gotta be the worst feeling ever...

glad you're ok. I hope the bike faired half as well.

oldschool

:eek:That did not look like fun. No traction on that grass. I found out July 6th between T2 and T3. I hope you are doing well.

Hypnotiq

Wow. That sucks dude. :( Glad you're ok. I've had brake failure into T1 at a track before and it is the scariest feeling there is. Tapped out and nothign to slow you down.

PJZOCC624

Good God, man! Ron, hope you're okay bud! (Sounds like you are... Thank God!) Man, that looked wicked. Any clue how/why the brakes failed you?

This might be further evidence/proof that we should put dragster-like parachutes on the back of our bikes for just such an occasion.

Heal well, my man.... heal well. Thoughts and prayers are with you, friend.

ronhix

we are looking into what happened with the brakes. it is either something with the m/c or lever. The lever was there and felt like it was still attached to the m/c, but it felt like it was just moving freely back and forth.

definitely not brake fade, it was a complete failure.

clarson

Geez, Ron. It was wierd watching that vid knowing what was coming. You make it look so easy. I'm impressed with how far you've come since you started riding track. So glad you're ok.

DragonTail281

Glad you are OK.
I saw the bike, or at least what was left of it, come in on the hook!!!!:eek:
Up to that point tho, you were lookin good.