Rossi says he is ready for the 1st MotoGP race in Losail!

worldrider929

Rossi says he is ready for the 1st MotoGP race in Losail!?!?

I hope so! But I'm not sure . . .

As the first MotoGP race in Losail approaches, what do you think?

There's a poll out about Rossi & Ducati:

CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE POLL & VIEW THE RESULTS: WILL ROSSI & DUCATI BE COMPETITIVE IN 2012?

I think that Spies is going to do surprisingly well. Stoner? Well Stoner has already shown us where he's headed - that's a rap for the championship. But, I'm not so sure about Rossi - at least for the 1st half of the season.

WE WILL SOON FIND OUT. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FIRST RACE! BRING ON THE GP BABY!

Gorecki

As generally being a less than ultra knowledgeable consumer of the GP series, I think Rossi is basically done! Dude has been an amazing rider for a very long time. If I recall correctly he hasn’t had a win on the Ducati yet, don’t expect that to change. I’d put my chips on Stoner in a blind test.

bmart

Control Rider
On equal equipment, I suspect that Stoner would have his "mirrors" full of Rossi from time to time. Rossi knowingly took a big risk going to Ducati and it clearly hasn't gone as planned. He still has the largest toolbox on the grid, from which to draw from. Stoner, as much as I dislike him in some ways, has massive natural talent and possibly unmatched feel for the bike he is riding, whatever the marque.

some guy #2

If Rossi podiums in a dry race I'd be surprised.

My guess would be Stoner, Lorenzo and maybe Spies if he gets a good start.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
same top 3 as usual. Stoner, Lorenzo, Pedrosa..Spies is the bees knees, but I don't think the USA has what it takes for international competition.

noobinacan

Spies is a lot of talent.
same guy who dominated on circuits brand new to him with a team new to him. with no previous data on the circuits.
same bike Toseland and Crutchlow couldn't do anything with expect score pole positions.

snikwad

I dont know when Rossi said that, but seeing how they did at the last testing, i dont think so... I sure hope im wrong tho.

lemondrop

noobinacan;236953 wrote: Spies is a lot of talent.
same guy who dominated on circuits brand new to him with a team new to him. with no previous data on the circuits.
same bike Toseland and Crutchlow couldn't do anything with expect score pole positions.
true, Aman...and as i said, Spies is wicked awesome. But it just seems as though the good ole USA cannot compare to the riders that spain and italy produce.

dbakerpa

Rossi may be ready but he doesnt have the bike under him. We'll see but I cant see the larger bike turning in better than last years bike.

depredador1198s

dbakerpa;236972 wrote: Rossi may be ready but he doesnt have the bike under him. We'll see but I cant see the larger bike turning in better than last years bike.
I don't agree with the comments about the bike turning the same or worse.

After Christmas, there were some shots circulating and comparing Rossi's turn in "before and after" and there was a stark contrast.

Here's one example from this year

I am looking for the before shot that was posted from the same turn now.

His position looks much different from last year's - and it's not just because of more CCs.

Plus Rossi himself has repeatedly stated that he is more comfortable turning it this year.

snikwad

He is more comfortable turning, yes, but he was still having corner entry issues at the last test.
However, if the bike is indeed fixed, and competitive, we wont know till race day, remember rossi used to test all different setups rather than outright fast time back in the day, then come sunday, he wins. So who knows, he could be BSing again. Hayden was significantly faster, and faster than Rossi too, but still a little over 1 second off the top pace.
I would love to see them competitive again and sh1t on all the nay sayers that say he's finished, but right now, as a Rossi fan. im still worried :(

depredador1198s

snikwad;237196 wrote:
However, if the bike is indeed fixed, and competitive, we wont know till race day, remember rossi used to test all different setups rather than outright fast time back in the day, then come sunday, he wins. So who knows, he could be BSing again. Hayden was significantly faster, and faster than Rossi too, but still a little over 1 second off the top pace.
I would love to see them competitive again and sh1t on all the nay sayers that say he's finished, but right now, as a Rossi fan. im still worried :(
:agree:
yup . . . what he said.

I was particularly encouraged to see Hayden doing well.

Hayden and Rossi have vastly different riding styles. Given that the new Ducati was ostensibly primarily designed around Rossi's input, I would expect Hayden to be more uncomfortable and less competitive than Rossi on the Ducati. If Hayden is "legitimately" doing well on the Ducati then that may bode well for Rossi on race day.

I'm not suggesting that he'll beat Stoner but I hope that Rossi's competitive.

Wawazat

lemondrop;237388 wrote: alright..who has the MotoGP pitpass? what was Spies' excuse?
chatter. I haven't seen it all, but I did gather that much.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

lemondrop

tittys04;237420 wrote: You aren't rocking the pit pass this year?
i may...especially after farking Verizon fios..once again...failed to record the Moto2 race and I only caught the end after the pass went down...AND THEY DIDNT PLAY THE REPLAY!!!!!:argh:

figured MotoGP will have enough of my money come September though.

noobinacan

so...11 GP bikes
rest are CRT.
qualifying was boring.
the race was boring.

I'm going back to watching BSB superstock600.