rules protests

gixxercurt

dbakerpa;145419 wrote: I would be highly succesfull to finish in a top 5. BUt I just want ot make sure they will allow you to run with a bike that doesnt meet the rules. Hell I would let them DQ me if I won as long as they let me race.
you say that now...

NickMcCoy

rk97;145072 wrote: well, I'm rethinking my position now that I see how many reasonable and intelligent people disagree with me.
I consider myself somewhat reasonable and intelligent, and I think all those guys on WERA are full of shit on this issue. As I argued over there, to me "cheating" means you're gaining a competitive advantage over your opponent, a fucking WINDSCREEN is an advantage??? What a joke, whoever wrote that rule and anyone that has let it go on should be embarrassed.

As for the other supersport or superstock rules, if someone beats me who is technically breaking a rule but not gaining an advantage, I don't care. In other words an aftermarket rear brake rotor, modified subframe, double bubble, aftermarket slipper clutch, etc. who cares? Ohlins SBK gas-charged forks, Brembo monoblocs, overbore superbike motor, 16.5" wheels with slicks, maybe I would see the point of complaining. If they beat me I give them credit and I'm not going to call them a cheater unless their bike was the reason I lost.