Ryan #88, You Ok Man??

alocker

Hope you're feeling ok today. We heard it was not life threatening, but it doesnt mean it didnt hurt. I hope your mother in law wasnt too pissed, she was the only one I could get a hold of which brings me to a small lesson I learned yesterday.

It can't hurt to have 2 ICE number programed in your phone if you ever go to the track alone. It was nice to be able to contact someone in your family right away since the first number was not available. I hope you found were I put your stuff.

Please let use know how you crashed. We were all a little confused by the damage on the bike which we were amazed at how little there was. Highside maybe??

GBCBR

Hope you are feeling better Ryan. I was actually parked next to Ryan in the Pit area and left for the day when the six session began. I picked a bad time to leave.....I wish I could have helped.

aronhalt

Look on the bright side. Because of this, I got to try your Pitbull trailer mount with the other guys. Consequently, I just bought my own less then two minutes ago! Shhh... don't tell the wife.

Hope you are well or getting better soon.

Sandman8

*88 R/A Crash

Hey guys, thanks for everyone's help after my crash at RA.
Especially for getting my bike and gear loaded up.

I'm actually posting this from Froedert Hospital in Milwaukee . . . . yeah, I'm still here 5 days later !! sucks.

Anyway, here's the scoop . . .
I had noticed the session before that coming out of some of the turns the rear tire was spinning a bit (liter bike power, not too surprising)
But the slip was always predictable and seemed very consistent (props to the 003 R/S tires TurnOne put on last month)
So I took the tire pressure down about 1.5 lbs just before this session because the pressure seemed a little high when they were hot.
I don't know if any of this contributed, but I'm just laying out the whole story.

So Canada corner (turn 12 I think) I was hot and heavy on the tail of a CR showing me my mistakes (not sure who you were, but would appreciate a reply if you remember me) and I was all the way through the corner and just put a bit too much throttle when the rear started to slide out - low side ! :popcorn:
But at some point during the slide (I think) my foot got caught on something - maybe the footpeg ? and then the bike proceeded to high side.
I was already pretty much on the ground, so I just flipped over the top of the bike, then the bike flipped up over me and landed on it's other side (left side) and slid down the track. I rolled a few times and immediatlely felt that my foot was broken! I rolled myself off the track and tried to wave down any on-coming riders so they didn't go careening into my bike, then I just layed and waited for the paramedics.

So I'm pretty sure something on the bike snapped all 4 metatarsal bones on my right foot :eek:, but not exactly sure if it happened on the Low-side, or on the High-side.
Compound fracture of at least one of the bones (if you're squeemish, stop reading now) which basically means it shoved one of the bones out the bottom of my foot.:wow:

3 separate surgeries over this past weekend to get the bones back in place with pins and plates. Should be walking again without crutches in 12-15 weeks.

So what really should have been a relatively "minor" crash was just a freak happening that broke my foot pretty badly.
From what I've heard, the bike is in pretty good shape - just scratched up a bit , but I think my season is over.

SpEeDy GoNzAlEz

Wow dude, high sides are pretty nasty! Glad to hear that it wasn't that bad but it does suck that you're laid up for some time. Hope you have a speedy recovery on that foot.

01wj

Hey Ryan it's Max hope everything heals ok and you get better soon. I saw your bike come in on the truck and it took me a minute but then realized "Hey that's Ryan's bike."

Heal up quickly

steviebee72

Glad to hear from you .

I was the CR you were following.
One corner your behind me, the next you were gone, and then the next one there was a red flag.

At first i thought they threw the red cause of the other guy that was off in T12.

Then when i got up to Pit lane, you never came up. :(