Ryobi Generator

j_fuggin_t

my buddy has the honeywell version of the "honda" eu style, spend the extra 300 & save yourself from needing a new generator in a year or two

Buckeye96

I got the yamaha. I was wondering how the ryobi matched up with the others since they were marketing it "as quiet as a yamaha".

pearsonm

I have the Honeywell 2000i model. If I had things to do over I may got one of the ‘open’ models – the plastic cover just gets in the way during oil changes. I also don’t use the inverter function. That said, it functions fine and is close to as quiet as the Honda for half the price.

There’s a thread on the WERA board about a cheap generator some are raving about. Made by Champion, maybe?

j_fuggin_t

they claim to run at 59db which the honda runs at 59db in full run capacity, so "rated" volume is on par, now its just a matter of if durability is on par, i paid $879 to my door brand new for the eu2000i companion, to me the $279 extra is worth it in reliability and proven performance

01wj

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your Honda generators for $879 shipped? I had to pay $750 used and the next closest I could find was $999 new

Buckeye96

Got a better price from Scott at Honda East in Toledo. 1-877-437-1631 ext 45

He quoted me $860 plus shipping. I did an internet search on wisesales and was a little put off by the reviews I found. Some good and some not so good.

beac83

I've seen the Honeywell, et al in action. They are not as quiet as Hondas or Yamahas. However, they are cheap.

dbarufaldi

01wj;196206 wrote: If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your Honda generators for $879 shipped? I had to pay $750 used and the next closest I could find was $999 new
The other reason to just spring for the name brand...best used deal found was $750...meaning if you pay $900 shipped, use it for three years, keep it in decent shapre, sell for $750, then $50/year isn't bad.

Keep coming back to the resale part of the equation when I consider something that's only $300 cheaper to purchase, but resale is unknown.

BTW - one of the best endorsements is that all the food-cart guys in NYC use the Honda....and they aren't exactly people widely known for their long-term investment strategies. If people making $1/transaction can find the value in the Honda, perhaps I do, too.

MB3

Bought one after Irene, paid $506 final otd price. Works great at the track. Runs all day on one tank only turning it off while out riding. It is a little bigger, heavier and louder than a Honda, but still acceptable. It has a luggage-like telescoping handle to tow it around which already broke, but its light enough to carry like a suitcase. Only flaws i can see is when you need to store it, you have to dump any remaining fuel which can be messy. There is a drain screw on the bowl of the carb. idk, a petcock would be easier to hook a hose to in order to drain fuel. There also isnt a drain plug for the oil, it also gets dumped out, then you have to wipe up the mess you made. The service interval is 100 hours, which seems long for half a quart of oil. Otherwise, works great so far