Season Over

Ruhe52

So 2013 Season is in the books. I almost said officially but that is for a higher pay grade to establish that.

Let's see 2013 was well WET. If you didn't learn how to ride in the wet this year you missed out. Many an opportunity to do so. While I really don't enjoy the extra work it takes post event to get gear clean, dry and ready to go I actually learned to enjoy riding in the rain. There is something that appeals to me. You have to consider how F ing crazy the rest of the world thinks we are doing this in the dry then add wet track to it and people just look at you like " you did what in what? Bullshit" Here's a pick doubter hahaha. Now it can be said with no worry RAIN RAIN RAIN

This last event at Barber the weather was fantastic in fact a little cloud cover late in the day Sunday would have been nice but that might be considered bitching and I never do that:D. For those of you that didn't make the trip or could not get in as it was full ( more on that latter) I'll give you a tip. When I was a member the Nov Barber event was always the first one I registered for. Why? 1. It does sell out fast and I would forget if I didn't do it first thing. 2. I t was part of me making a deal with myself. If we are doing this goal one if to be in one piece and around to ride this event.

More about the event.
First off huge thanks go out to Matt Paulson who took the grill duties for the meet and greet plus for bringing a crazy amount of food. When was the last time you had shrimp and oysters at the track. Ok when did you ever have that and the choice of Brats, Burgers, Hotdogs, Shrimp and Oyster. Jesus we are going to need to start handing out menus and get some white linen table cloths. While lightly attended I can only assume because it is what some might call a little chilly (not bad by a long shot for a Chicagoan) The meet and greet pulled in another $3,000 for the air fence fund raising efforts of 2013. Thank you to all the member that have supported this excellent cause at our events. The fund raiser in July was a blast, but when you see the level of support at our regular events that is where it really matters to me. Be looking in the off season for details on the next fund raising event. We are already talking about it and yeah we intend to top this years event.

As for the riding.Keep in mind this was a full sold out event. A little brisk in the AM Sat but man did it warm up fast and Sunday not sure you could ask for a better day.
These were very full events and with the exception of a few mishaps we had very little down time due to crashes. What I witnessed in all the groups was some real heads up riding and people making good calls on the track. Very few had to be talked to and at one point if you were watching A group on Sunday you got to witness a group of 20 in a pack trading position for about 5 laps some of the closest cleanest riding in a pack that size I have ever seen and would like to point out. No one was over their head but no one was giving an inch either.
Good clean riding from what I witnessed in both I and B group as well. People were patient to set up passes and only a few people with color blindness where orange just does not translate from cones to brain, but hey alls good. Not sure how you all felt but for a sold out event it sure didn't feel like it. Plenty of open track if you wanted it. Not just my opinion but a comment I heard over and over from other CRs and members. Walter did a solid job on spacing off the grid and as members I think you all assessed pretty good on where to line up and if faster than the person in front made safe passes. Barber is a hard track to do this on. Especially for their event. We get a good amount of people who it is either their first track day, or their first time at Barber or only ride it once a year. All good ingredients for some chaos but that seemed to be at a min.:congrats:

Being one of the last people in the paddock I always feel the same at the end of a season. Thankful for a safe no injury season and look forward to a bit of a break and ski season but also find myself dicking around loading my trailer real slow, because I really don't want it to be over.

2013 was a tough year on so many fronts for many and their were things everyone could and frankly have commented on. Keep in mind nothing is perfect but if you allow the negative to be blotted out for a moment you will see there was far more good times and fun on and off the track than bad.
So to all of the members that have made this in my book yet another amazing season I humbly thank you. For attending, for your efforts in making the events safe, fun. I thank you for your generous support of the Air Fence fund. I look forward to seeing you and riding with you all in 2014. Have a great holiday season. if you are healing up get healed up and get back out there. See you out on the ski slopes for the next few months.

To my brothers and sisters in orange. Thank you again for another season. You all are the greatest to work with and I am honored to be amongst you:adore: You are the hardest working, committed group of people I know. Kimmie, lets figure out how to get your girl down here and we will get her all sorted out. Cal CJ same with you you thing the Thou and the six could deal with a female in the trailer when you guys come down?????????

Chucky G and Jerry Daggs thank you for your continued support. You guys had to roll through hell a few times to make it to events but you pulled it off. Even with Jerry pulling double duty this weekend you guys as usual kicked ass. We have some bikes to go through. Did I say the shop was looking a little empty when we left Friday. Damn tell Alex we are justin that wall out. :D

That's it for now I will no doubt never be far from the board as this is the start to the true silly season.

A few have jumped the gun prior to the last event of the season so let me be the first now that we are done.

WHERE THE F$#@ IS THE 2014 Schedule why is it not up what is going on?:wow:

Holy crap I just looked at this on my iPhone and it looks like one of Kas posts.

bmrboy

Thanks Mike .... Have fun on the slopes .... Look foreword to riding with you .... See you in the spring ....

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone ...... :agree:

sheepofblue

Great weekend! I had to sit out Sunday as I had a headache that was messing with me enough that riding was off the table, I thought it was going away but it lingered all day :( Saturday though was a blast as I think I finally started to click a bit on my new GSXR750 though it is hard to say since the GPS puked out on my timer :dunno: But it was fun anyway. A bit to many reds in "A" which on Saturday but Sunday cleaned up well (back to normal or maybe zero)... maybe the common factor was sheep dodging :haha: But while I got passed more than I passed everyone was clean and smooth with 2 minor exceptions and those were more amusing than anything else. One was in 5 where he was coming in low and hot and I saw his front coming in and just stood it up a bit to leave the door wide open (not 100% but I think we would have come together), no harm done and he was even considerate enough to give a thumb up on the next straight. The other was a bit late and weird line which I found out why later as he was doing the foot off thing and not good enough for it :popcorn: a couple of corners later he got in 5 hot with his foot thing not helping and the back wagging but sorted it and stayed up and on track. Again no harm just amusing. Of course I probably provided some amusement for others in return :eek:

But now that I started to click, I have to wait MONTHS for spring :argh:

Time to get the RC back online and add some bits to the GSXR suspension (and the brake recall) so maybe a couple of down months is OK.... nope :argh:

Best year of my life

I have to echo what Mike said so well - it was a phenominal year riding with NESBA, and no doubt the best year in my 55 without a doubt. I just started track last year - last time I rode a bike was in my teens and started up again at 51 - so there has been a huge learning apex for me. Trying to shed that "rider" mentality (Thanks Sy - I am starting to understand..) and trying to understand all the feedback from the bike has been information overload at times. But after 48 track days this year I am very pleased with my progress and will continue to work/learn/contribute to this sport in every way I can.

CR's were awesome, John Allen and crew (Cal, Peanut, DJ) flawlessly ran a great series of events all year even with the rain challenge. Food was off the hook due to all the people that took their time and money to hook us all up with some great grub - big shout out to Matt, Kenny, and everyone at Irish Racing and to Mrs. Allen - best beans in the entire universe! I gained 6 *&#$%@ pounds at track...... :dunno:

My plan for next year is to get in better shape (this is a sport), buy my track time early (did that last year and attended every single day that I wanted), review all my vids and pics, and understand my limits and limitations - that keeps it all in perspective. I showed my ass once because I felt like I deserved a bump but learned a very valuable lesson - it's not about me, its about all of us. Nobody should be allowed to ride beyond their ability no matter what, and I have greater respect for NESBA knowing that they did what is best for everybody including what is best for me. I also discovered new friends and lost some of my arrogance (yes, I'll admit it, at times I have been an arrogant a**hole). Life should be a constant progression, and this years experience has definitely made me a better rider - and a better man. Hope everyone had a great year as well, and I'll see you all at track in the Spring!

HJ

steve gould

Don't be so hard on yourself HJ. Nobody ever thought you were arrogant or an a**hole. The track is a supercharged environment and we all have difficulty seeing different perspectives. (I will have to share my A bump saga with you sometime) You are on the right track. Keep working on the core fundamentals that we have left you with and you will be there. We should hook up again next time you are at Road A.

To repeat what Ruhe already said. It is an absolute honor and privilege to represent Nesba as a CR. Thank you to all the members for making this one of the funnest, most rewarding seasons I have ever experienced. See ya in the spring. Or maybe at Jennings....

The list of people I would have to thank for all their patience and understanding is long but highly distinguished so I'll just throw out a general THANKS EVERYONE!!! I have finally found a place where I fit in. I can't describe the happiness that brings my soul. I miss you folks already.

roy 826

I had a good time all weekend minus one weird verbal moment. Food was good sorry we were a little late getting our food down there Saturday afternoon. My wife was busy with me and trying to cook all at the same time.

And for the one who told me my line(s) suck, it went in one ear and out the other. You didn't give me time to explain what I was working on this weekend since you were to busy cussing and in a very unprofessional manner I might add. :eek: I won't try to even explain it now since like I said I moved on from it, I have bigger fish to fry soon.:cool:

Ruhe52

So you were working on sucky lines? :D

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

roy 826

Ruhe52;294026 wrote: So you were working on sucky lines? :D

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

Apparently so :D

and they sucked all the way to the mid 30's with ease just screwing around.;)

Ruhe52

Just so long as your erratic behavior was predictable

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

www.swettwarriors.org

Hunter S. Thompson

roy 826

Ruhe52;294028 wrote: Just so long as you erotic behavior was predictable

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

www.swettwarriors.org

Hunter S. Thompson
Nothing erratic to it and please don't change the subject here. That had absolutely nothing to do with it in fact if I was off line it was measured in feet and not everywhere. I've been at this 13+ years and 10 at barber. I was with Wera first weekend at barber back in '03, not my first rodeo. I'm not perfect and don't claim to be BUT I seen several in A that needed Mr cuss you outs expertise way before me.

I will just leave it at that.

Ruhe52

Hey Roy was making a joke you are right let's not change the subject which didn't start in my post. It was some rib nudging. So just relax long off season plenty of threads for you to get bat shit on.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

www.swettwarriors.org

Hunter S. Thompson

roy 826

Ruhe52;294030 wrote: Hey Roy was making a joke you are right let's not change the subject which didn't start in my post. It was some rib nudging. So just relax long off season plenty of threads for you to get bat shit on.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

www.swettwarriors.org

Hunter S. Thompson
Oh I'm fine Mike I just wanted to be clear on this thing called the Internet when suttle things can be taken the wrong way.

Off season? What's that I am headed to nola in two weeks with Wera :D

Ruhe52

If someone bitched at you deal with it at the track. Board on Monday not the place for it consider it a missed opportunity. Enjoy NOLA

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

www.swettwarriors.org

Hunter S. Thompson

Ruhe52

Roy do me the courtesy of accepting PMs if you are going to send me one

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

www.swettwarriors.org

Hunter S. Thompson

ecycle

Thanks Mike, I really was looking forward to a report on Barber, especially from a CR perspective. I would have loved being there that's for sure, sounded like another great event not soon to be forgotten. Although not physically in attendance, I can assure you that my thoughts were with you guys/gals all weekend. Thanks again Mike, hope to see you next season!

Earle
SECR

motorkas

Mike et al,

Can't echo enough what you said!!!!!! Looking back on the season, I find my regrets all center around the same theme: I regret that my brother and I didn't make it to RA for the fund raiser, that we couldn't do more days in the SE (or more days in general, that I didn't spend as much time on the lower level this weekend as I wanted to, that it took me so long to meet an incredible group of individuals that collectively make up an incredible organization, that we didn't do more to help you guys (and ladies) in continuing to build what you have here. One of the reasons I'm already looking forward to next season so much is that all these regrets have already started my "list/goals I want to accomplish" for next year!!!!! I am really happy though that one of the things that won't wait until next year is "drive 1500 miles to Alabama in Nov". . .what an incredible weekend for so many reasons.

Matt, first and foremost, as has been said over and over again, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION!!!!!! Everything from the "newbie mentor tent" to taking the lead on so many endeavors, incredible job brother!!!!!! I can promise you that I'll be making most of the NCBIKE events and my brother and I are already planning for the RA fundraiser so I can't wait for all the future tows and how the track conversations eventually lead to other things (we will continue our talking about Africa:D. Thanks again for showing me around Barber in that session and sorry we couldn't play more (I would have just slowed you down anyways:).

To those wondering if the drive to Barber is "worth it" - it sooooooooo is. Just don't expect to be fast. . .and for those who watch MotoGP or and motorcycle racing with British announcers, expect that at multiple times during the weekend to hear said British voice saying "OHHHHHHHHHH. . .he/she just had a 'moment'" in your helmet as some sort of elevation change, camber. . .manicured gravel trap totally phucks with your perception of speed and braking. . . I personally have never had my rear off the ground so much (or traction control light up so much (thank you Bavarian engineers!!!!!) in my life. . .and that was going at a painfully slow pace. . .. Even then, Definitely taking Mike's advice - signing up for it first thing next season!!!!!!!!!!

This has been an incredible summer for me and I owe everyone here a debt of thanks and gratitude for that. This weekend reinforced what I already knew - everybody taking care of everyone else. I had the good fortune of pitting with a crew that I had never pitted with before and treated me like their own. . .and that was before we even got to really know each other!!!!!. Gentlemen (you know who you are) I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR YOUR GENEROSITY AND HOSPITALITY!!!!!! It will be forever appreciative and just as has been said countless times before, I can't wait for the day I get to repay the kindness!!!!!! I really didn't want to leave (even after Sunday mornings conversation about Sat night:D.

Finally, to the CR's. What an incredible group you are!!!!!!!!! I was saying over the weekend and my brother and I say it every chance we get - we have never not gotten better by listening to you. Not once. Every piece of advice made us better. Totally and completely uncomfortable the first time we had to execute but the results where quickly evident and totally undeniable. That being said, I caution everyone about listening to them the second the the topics. . .um. . .shift. . .:D. In all seriousiness, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU:adore::adore::adore:

Oh and Mike, the sad thing - wish I could make the posts longer. . .you guys deserve the effort trying to let you know how much good you've done, and how much of a positive impact you've had on all of us. . .the only reason I cut them short is because I get snide comments from a certain Director who likes to be noticed for his yellow paint jobs. . .:D