Security at NJMP?

Squidward

Not to cast aspersions upon the great state of NJ, but how sketchy is it? I'm a Utah boy and everyone at the track knew everyone and nobody worried about their shit cuz the community was chill AF.

I assume it's the same in Jersey (lie, no I don't). But I rented an enclosed uhaul for the extra dough just in case. Is leaving the trailer hooked up, vehicle alarmed, and everything padlocked up sufficient? Am I being paranoid?

How about the VIP garages, how are they secured? If I check in Friday night, can I lock it up in the garage and be cool?

Thanks

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Usually, everything is ok. There have been times when things went missing. However, there is only one occasion that I heard a bike was stolen. They happened to be in the Main garage and there were two bikes taken, both were Nicky Hayden replica Ducati's. The VIP garages have doors, but there are no walls inside. If they can get into one space, they have access to all.

Knowing all that, I usually leave my bike and gear under a canopy at night without any real concerns. I may sleep in the trailer or at a nearby hotel. Either way, I don't lock up my stuff in the trailer overnight.

Squidward

Cool, thanks...

Also, is there food and gas available at the track? I'm curious if there were concessions open just for track days. I'll bring snacks, water, Gatorade etc., I was just wondering if there would breakfast and lunch available there or nearby? I've never even been to NJMP.

Thanks again!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
There is a little café type place under the tower. They are normally open for breakfast and lunch.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Like Jim said, 99% safe to leave shit out unlocked. I've seen $50k in bike sitting under a canopy and never an issue. However, peace of mind is also important. Between events is usually never an issue because somebody is always walking around, going to the bathroom etc. The night before, especially in the early season when not many people are camping out......might cause for concern.

Thinking through this......I bet ya your bike is 10x safer at the track in a trailer than in a Motel Parking lot. Just make it a little incontinent and you'll be fine.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
Like Jim said, 99% safe to leave shit out unlocked. I've seen $50k in bike sitting under a canopy and never an issue. However, peace of mind is also important. Between events is usually never an issue because somebody is always walking around, going to the bathroom etc. The night before, especially in the early season when not many people are camping out......might cause for concern.

Thinking through this......I bet ya your bike is 10x safer at the track in a trailer than in a Motel Parking lot. Just make it a little incontinent and you'll be fine.

I'm a little slow on forum humor so I'm going to assume that Slitherin means inconvenient instead of incontinent as a joke. Although if you rub crap all over your bike it will definitely be there in the morning.

Squidward

Yeah, staying at the track just for that reason. My first TD w/N2 and in Jersey and on my new s1krr. I just got the rev limit off on Sat... Is it just me or are these things scary f'n fast?...

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
This comes to mind

That was indeed hilarious. I woke up that morning, looked up and saw the bike and thought...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?????

Who's freakin' bike is up on the Tower? I also have pictures of that somewhere in my archives.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
OH..and it's New Jersey....your stuff should be safe at the track...if it's not...we know people that will find the people and then take care of those people that stole your stuff.

I'm not naming any names.....but just sayin

a19-800x430.jpg

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
What is all this talk about security, no worries New Jersey is the Garden State. :like:

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I'm a little slow on forum humor so I'm going to assume that Slitherin means inconvenient instead of incontinent as a joke. Although if you rub crap all over your bike it will definitely be there in the morning.

LOL!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
That was indeed hilarious. I woke up that morning, looked up and saw the bike and thought...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?????

Who's freakin' bike is up on the Tower? I also have pictures of that somewhere in my archives.

I've been hearing the story about this for several years, but never saw the pic before. Awesome!

madmanr1

THIS 100%!!!
never...Ever...EVER...trust your bike to a hotel parking lot!
I'm reminded of the group that loaded up a trailer full of bikes for a track day at Barber (don't recall who with) and made the mistake of staying the night in I believe an Alabama hotel the night before rather than camping at the track. You guessed it...trailer stolen...all bikes gone! Recovered eventually but track day plans done obviously. The track is always the best place to store your stuff even if you decide to sleep elsewhere.