SED days???

joeyb

I know the schedule just got posted, but I didn't notice any SED days on it. Are these going to be added in later, or are there not going to be any this year? If I'm asking a noob question, forgive me in advance, and try not to bite my head off :D

Motofun352

Control Rider
Good question but it's still very early in the scheduling process. We all get a little anxious this time of year...cabin fever I suppose.:eek:

geckert

I would guess and say maybe 50-60 more events will be posted along with the SED's. There are alot of tracks we rode last year that arent up yet.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yup, lots more to be added. The SED dates seem to be decided later, after the schedule's been up. At least they were last year.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
SED days are awesome....for all the track time and the enhanced ability to work individually with Control Riders. They cost a little more, but they're WELL worth it.

At the two or three SEDs I attended there were also extra sessions/lessons/seminars on:

- body positioning
- suspension setup
- track walks talking about cornering techinique

A tremendous value for the cost considering what other dedicated school organizations charge for similar instruction.

I hate that I cannot attend them, anymore. Still got so much to learn. Don't let my A sticker fool you...I'm the caboose on that train.

chucke133

D-Zum;101361 wrote: I hate that I cannot attend them, anymore. Still got so much to learn. Don't let my A sticker fool you...I'm the caboose on that train.
Right in front of me.

joeyb

Yeah I got cabin fever like a mofo!!! Just trying to decide which track days I'm gonna buy and if there are any I'm gonna sit out, thanks for the heads up, I will try to sit back and be patient, SED's are awesome and I look forward to doing one at VIR again

D-Zum

Yeah....I've got to fight off Derek Leslie's dog, too....luckily she's fixed or we might have little avatar's running around everywhere.

RandyO

D-Zum;101361 wrote: Don't let my A sticker fool you...I'm the caboose on that train.
now that some funny stuff lol.....

from what I can figure out after 1 year of track days.. NESBA "A" sticker holders should be plenty proud of them...

D-Zum

RandyO;101429 wrote: now that some funny stuff lol.....

from what I can figure out after 1 year of track days.. NESBA "A" sticker holders should be plenty proud of them...
I made it at VIR Full in July last year. I've been doing this for a little while, and making the Advanced group was one of my life's crowning achievements. Graduating from College was probably on par with that.

And once you get there, it's only the beginning. You realize just how fast and skilled a lot of the more veteran A riders and Control Riders are and just how much they're holding back when they're out riding with the I and B groups. It's fun to watch. Like this past November at Barber...I'm on my 600 running my best times there and next thing I know.....WHOOOOOOSH! Derek Leslie and Ron Hix come blasting by me, one on each side like I'm not even there. VIR Full in October, I feel like I'm RAILING through the climbing esses...then haulin' (__|__) to the dip before the Oak Tree....and before the dip John Allen sneaks up the inside and passes me like nothin' just before the left before the dip and I think...DAMN that was a SWEET move.

As they come flying buy....I watch....I try to follow......and I learn. The longer I can keep them in sight is my measure of progress.

Happy New Year.

Meat

D-Zum;101441 wrote:

And once you get there, it's only the beginning. You realize just how fast and skilled a lot of the more veteran A riders and Control Riders are and just how much they're holding back when they're out riding with the I and B groups. It's fun to watch. Like this past November at Barber...I'm on my 600 running my best times there and next thing I know.....WHOOOOOOSH! Derek Leslie and Ron Hix come blasting by me, one on each side like I'm not even there. VIR Full in October, I feel like I'm RAILING through the climbing esses...then haulin' (__|__) to the dip before the Oak Tree....and before the dip John Allen sneaks up the inside and passes me like nothin' just before the left before the dip and I think...DAMN that was a SWEET move.

As they come flying buy....I watch....I try to follow......and I learn. The longer I can keep them in sight is my measure of progress.

Happy New Year.

Fully agree with you on that one dude. :agree:

Mr. Blindrider

D-Zum;101441 wrote: I made it at VIR Full in July last year. I've been doing this for a little while, and making the Advanced group was one of my life's crowning achievements. Graduating from College was probably on par with that.

Happy New Year.
I have found that John only needs 2'' to get by and at Barber he don't need that much. Focker blew dirt in my face while making a pass on Hollywood. I couldn't stop laughing.:D

GOOD TIMES!!!

Mr. Blindrider

mr. Blindrider;101478 wrote: i have found that john only needs 2'' to get by and at barber he don't need that much. Focker blew dirt in my face while making a pass on hollywood. I couldn't stop laughing.:d

good times!!!!

joeyb

SED days at VIR??? This will be my first trackday purchase of this year and I'm dying to buy one, credits in hand waiting to purchase....I hate winter!!! :popcorn:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
joeyb;106062 wrote: SED days at VIR??? This will be my first trackday purchase of this year and I'm dying to buy one, credits in hand waiting to purchase....I hate winter!!! :popcorn:
With the positive feedback on the SED, this will also be one of my first track sessions.

RandyO

D-Zum;101441 wrote: I made it at VIR Full in July last year. I've been doing this for a little while, and making the Advanced group was one of my life's crowning achievements. Graduating from College was probably on par with that.

Happy New Year.
now that is some fun stuff... those types of guys go by me so fast I can not even see their numbers... I just did my first track days this last season and it gave me a new appreciation to just how fast these guys are...

It is really nice that they will take the time to help a beginner like myself too... :adore:

I can sure go along with the sense of accomplishment on the bump too.. I only went from the "B" to the "I" group but that was just amazing.. I won the world finals in my drag boat and got my 8 seconds on ESPN and that was not nearly as satisfying as the "bump"

might set a goal to be a CR some day so I could pass that thrill along :)