Sep18 - Sep19 T-bolt roll call

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
1up5down;150622 wrote: What's up Lou! Chicane, we don't want no stinkin Chicane. :DLol, said by the "Notorious" Chicane lover! Sounds like I may have to come out on the 19th and play with you and the others. I'm sick to my stomach I can't come out to Summit this weekend. Damn, CCS races!

Al
Allen, good luck with the races this weekend my man!! I know you'll do well...I've seen you in action :wow:

1up5down

Control Rider
Thanks!

vinny337;150735 wrote: Allen, good luck with the races this weekend my man!! I know you'll do well...I've seen you in action :wow:
Thanks Vinny! I'm going to got out and have fun. Hopefully, I come home with something to show for it!

Allen

R_Whiteman45

just a heads up.... dont stay at the Days Inn if anyone is planning on spending the night

BED BUGS

last trackday we ended up sleeping in our trucks because of it

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
R_Whiteman45;151455 wrote: just a heads up.... dont stay at the Days Inn if anyone is planning on spending the night

BED BUGS

last trackday we ended up sleeping in our trucks because of it
Gross. Lots of shady motels/hotels in the area. I wouldn't stay at the Econolodge either. Or that place in Millville next to the Quality Inn called Raceway hotel or something like that. I've had good luck at the Quality Inn in Millville. The best place, if you reserve early enough, is the VIP Suites at the track.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
R_Whiteman45;151472 wrote: ill have to call the Quality Inn asap then if its a good one!
Well, I don't know that I'd call anything in that immediate area "good", but it's decent. Whenever I've been there, it's been clean. It's the closest one to the track, and they have breakfast included in the morning. The restaurant on the premises re-opened, too. When the track first opened and I started staying there, it was just this vacant building. I got a VIP Suite at the track for this weekend, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Quality Inn again. Are you an AMA member? If so, they give discounts at Choice Hotels, one of which is the Quality Inn.

If you want to go a bit more upscale, there is a Country Inn and Suites in Millville, also pretty close to the track. I haven't stayed in that particular one, but the chain in general is very good.

R_Whiteman45

I just got my reservation at the Holiday Inn for $70 with my AAA discount... they didnt have an AMA discount and it seemed to have better review than the other hotels

not many choices really but hopefully its not too shady

Did you get a good price on the VIP suite? i checked them out a few times but always seem to call too late

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Cool, Holiday Inn is ok, too, from what I hear. Haven't stayed there. The AMA discount is only good at the Choice Hotels chain- see www.choicehotels.com for a list of included hotels (Holiday Inns aren't part of that chain) and you have to type in a code for the rate.

The VIP suites run around $92 a night. Unless there's some special event going on (Rolex grand am race, AMA races, etc.), then they're way out of reach...like $400.

Bossgobbler

Anyone interested in going to dinner on Sunday evening? There is a good Vietnamese place across from the Wawa headed toward Vineland on Rt 47.

Stop by and say hi - R6 #396.

Steve

Bossgobbler

The HIE is okay. The rooms are a little musty and the place is starting to show some wear and tear. I've stayed there a dozen times or so. The rooms are usually clean. The up side is that you are walking distance to a few restaurants in the neighboring plaza. The hotel is just out of sight of the main drag, which offers me some comfort security-wise.

R_Whiteman45;151489 wrote: I just got my reservation at the Holiday Inn for $70 with my AAA discount... they didnt have an AMA discount and it seemed to have better review than the other hotels

not many choices really but hopefully its not too shady

Did you get a good price on the VIP suite? i checked them out a few times but always seem to call too late