Sept. 11 NJMP-Thunderbolt Thank You

Wow! :congrats:Great first day in I and great day overall even though it was hot as balls!

Thanks to Dion, Kris and Jim. I know you guys worked your buttts off in the heat to give us a good day.

A bigger thanks to my fellow I riders. No bad passes, no red flags, no BS, just all fun. Also appreciated the words of encourgement from you faster guys. I never felt out of place, just slower at times LOL!

I wish every track day could be like yesterday.

Great first day in I, great last day of the year for me.

God Bless you all!

BZ

Davidv1388

Yesterday was a great day and big shout out to those guys for handling the event with just the 3 of them in the heat. Overall great day and even got to put in a session in I group. Picked up a lot trying to keep up with you guys. Looking forward to the next date.

Davidv1388;288250 wrote: Yesterday was a great day and big shout out to those guys for handling the event with just the 3 of them in the heat. Overall great day and even got to put in a session in I group. Picked up a lot trying to keep up with you guys. Looking forward to the next date.
Congrats on the bump! Its different thats for sure LOL!

BZ

PATBAROK

i must say, other than the heat-yesterday was a GREAT day!! I did have to call it in early because of the heat.

Shout out to Jim, Kris and esp Dion-thanks for the tow a couple of times-too bad we couldnt ride together again, since the heat just made me call it a day after our last tow!! U guys did a great job!!

**I was the guy on the blue/neon yellow gix6 #517**

Well said, Bubba. Yesterday was the best track day I've been to yet. I made significant improvement to my riding. My suit felt 10 lbs heavier at the end of the day due to sweat.

It makes a world of difference when the track isn't packed. I was able to completely focus on my ride without running into congo lines every 5 minutes.

Need to work on being more aggressive all around.

Thank you Dion, Kris and Jim for the help and words of encouragement. I was exhausted by 4pm. I can't imagine how you guys felt by the end of the day. Excellent work!:congrats:

ZxRegg6r

It was hott!!!! But a good fun day regardless. No red flags in the A-group. Or any other group I believe. Much Props and kudos to the Nesba staff for running things on a skeleton crew. I had a ball.

Olde English;288278 wrote: Well said, Bubba. Yesterday was the best track day I've been to yet. I made significant improvement to my riding. My suit felt 10 lbs heavier at the end of the day due to sweat.

It makes a world of difference when the track isn't packed. I was able to completely focus on my ride without running into congo lines every 5 minutes.

Need to work on being more aggressive all around.

Thank you Dion, Kris and Jim for the help and words of encouragement. I was exhausted by 4pm. I can't imagine how you guys felt by the end of the day. Excellent work!:congrats:
Yeah, if you were not having fun in B group something was wrong LOL! I think there were 12 B riders? That equals a ton of open track!

BZ

freeflydive

Bubba Zanetti;288310 wrote: Yeah, if you were not having fun in B group something was wrong LOL! I think there were 12 B riders? That equals a ton of open track!

BZ
Ha....we had 4x B riders on Thursday! I had to pit in to find traffic to play with! Below is a copy of my post on a different thread...captures both track days (11/12 Sept). As for the great price...I think these 2x days alone paid for my Elite membership dues!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos to KRIS, DION, MARKBILT...and my friend USMC_10!

I can't say enough great things for either of the Thunderbolt track days (11/12 Sept). Chris and Dion did a fantastic job managing the events while being short handed. I got more 1 on 1 coaching from the CR's on Wed/Thu than I have with all my NESBA events combined! Everyone was responsible and courtious with no mishaps in any of the groups. Thursday ended at 1400, but we still had more riding time than a typical track day.

While most of us pit in to get away from traffic, I caught myself pitting in to find traffic to chase, as there were only 4x riders in B group! After we packed up, we walked around snapping photos of the AMA garages/setups and talked to available racers, crewchiefs, dunlop tire rep and even got to meet Scott Russell. Another bonus- My wife greatly appreciated me returning home in the evening vice late at night! Do I have anything negative to complain about?! It was hot and humid, at 90 degrees, for mid Sept in NJ!!! Luckily, the evening thunderstorms should cool off the weather for the AMA race wkend.

Kudos to MarkBilt for refreshing/modifying my front forks and setting up the sag for my weight/riding style...made a huge difference during braking and cornering!

To USMC_10: Thanks for another "phenomonal" track day(s)...beats the heck out of being in the office!

USMC_10

As said by many already, thanks again to the CRs that came out Wed & Thu, for IMO, one of the best NESBA events of the year. TWO DAYS at Thunderbolt with not a single flag (with exception of checkered), goes to show how well run the event was.

30 min sessions yesteday and I didn't see Chris or Dion off their bikes all day. Lap after lap, they were riding with anyone who wanted, regardless of the heat or the fact that they ran the past 3 sessions straight through. My hat is off to them.

hank

freeflydive;288348 wrote: H

Kudos to MarkBilt for refreshing/modifying my front forks and setting up the sag for my weight/riding style...made a huge difference during braking and cornering!
Easily the BEST $40 anyone can ever spend on a track day - worth far more than the price!

:adore:

Prop

+1 on a great day. Thank you Dion, Jim, and Chris for your support and dedication. I appreciated all the advise, encouragement, and positive energy. It was a pleasure meeting everybody and look forward to seeing you out there again. A special thank you to Kathy for giving me lap splits on the last session.

raylee

Didn't get a chance to say thanks before I left on Wednesday. I concur with the props given to Kris, Jim and Dion. Got over what initially felt like an awkward line through the chicane and fish hook thanks to their advice. Can't wait for the next one!

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
90 degrees in September! Definitely not what we all expected.

It's my turn to thank everyone for helping us run the event by pulling together as a group. You guys really helped us a lot by working on your skills while staying on the track and treating each other with respect. I couldn't have asked for a better group to ride with.

The guys who rode on Thursday had the added benefit of rubbing shoulders with the AMA teams as they joined the paddock.

I'd like to give a special thanks to Dan for letting me ride his 125 during the last session.... that bike is a piece of fine art in my book. I have even more respect for what Dan went through to earn his bump to I group.

Thanks again for making our CR jobs more rewarding. I know Dion and James feel the same way.

^^^^

Believe it or not, the pleasure was all mine in letting you take the TZ for a spin. In 10 years the 125's and 250's will just be another page in racing history and other than vintage racing will long be forgotten.

Racing has always been that way, development drives different configurations in engine and frame design. The two stroke dominated road racing for 35 years and I consider it nothing but a blessing to ride one. It was really cool watching you on the track Kris and I could tell you enjoyed it and that is what I hoped for :D As I have told others, when we are old and gray at the old folks home racing our wheelchairs around and reminicing what our favorite motorcycle was...my answer will always be "the 1994 Yamaha TZ125" I rode for trackdays.

God Bless,

Dan

Smithereens;288462 wrote: I'd like to give a special thanks to Dan for letting me ride his 125 during the last session.... that bike is a piece of fine art in my book. I have even more respect for what Dan went through to earn his bump to I group.

Bubba Zanetti;288621 wrote:
^^^^
Believe it or not, the pleasure was all mine in letting you take the TZ for a spin.
The bike is pretty quick. I was taking it easy on the last session when Kris flew by me on your bike. He was out of sight a few seconds later. I could only smell your bike after that haha.

Olde English;288637 wrote: The bike is pretty quick. I was taking it easy on the last session when Kris flew by me on your bike. He was out of sight a few seconds later. I could only smell your bike after that haha.
LOL! Amazing what a bike with a top speed of 110mph can do. I often hear about 'I could smell your bike before I saw you' and that always makes me laugh.

BZ

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Kris is correct, it was a great day for sure. I had a blast riding with everyone. Wish I could have done both days.