Sharing a bike???

ineedanap

Me and a teammate will be competing in the N2/WERA PIRC endurance event in July. He is flying in, and I'm driving in. We will be using my SV650.

I am doing the PIRC track day the day before, and already signed up for intermediate. My teammate is flying in from out of town for the race and wants to do the track day as well. I am not sure what class he will best fit into, but suspect it will be advanced. I have 2 questions and wonder if somebody can help me.

1. If he wants to run advanced, is there any rule against a single motorcycle being used by two riders in two classes?

2. If he wants to run intermediate, can he just go out instead of me during some of my intermediate sessions? Is that allowed?

I figure other endurance teams will be in a similar situation, so I figured I'd ask. Thanks, Rich.

Last edited:

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
1. Your teammate will need to have an expert race license to run in Advanced if he hasn't already been bumped within N2.

2. There is nothing wrong with two people sharing a bike. Usually, they are in different groups so there is no time lost.

If you are both in Intermediate, then you will have to split up the sessions between the two of you.

ineedanap

He does.

If we both end up in intermediate and split the sessions between us, would he have to pay for another whole track day too, or would mine cover it?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
In addition to what Jim's already said, for a situation like your depicting, the bike being shared by two riders in different groups would have to have the bike prepped for the rules of the faster/more experienced group.

So while I believe no safety wiring is required for Intermediate, the bike would have to be prepped/wired for A group.

dsmitty37

In addition to what Jim's already said, for a situation like your depicting, the bike being shared by two riders in different groups would have to have the bike prepped for the rules of the faster/more experienced group.

So while I believe no safety wiring is required for Intermediate, the bike would have to be prepped/wired for A group.

If they are running the endurance race the next day, the bike has to be fully prepped to N2/WERa endurance standards already which far exceeds N2 advanced standards.