Shenandoah -- Summit Point

tcontradiction

Nesba should run a Shenandoah day at least once. Anyone know why they don't? I ran it for the first time and love it way more then the main. Both sides of the tires get a great work out.

Lets start a online petition!!!

tcontradiction

Yeah some of those walls or close. I can see that. Guy lost his ducati this past weekend coming over a blind spot. I came over it and see him holding is ducati which is fully engulfed in flames.

EngineNoO9

Safety and CR's ability to turn their heads to direct traffic is the issues I heard. It's too tight of a track with 0 straights for anyone to look back for a second.

tcontradiction

Thanks for the input

Safety first. And they are all good reason. Okay lets change the petition to make summit point make the track safer!! :agree: :crs: :agree: :crs:

1literduceater

I had 2 friends ride it about a month ago. They liked it. I honestly dont think I would ever consider it. Maybe on a supermoto or my mountain bike!

EngineNoO9

I've ridden it. I liked it but we didn't run the chicane after the bridge which is one of the worst safety spots apparently. Back section going toward that straight the wall is right there as well but it isn't too fast...

Blaise

Spoke to several folks who lasted less than a day before leaving Shenandoah due to safety reasons. It's a car track... also have a friend who broke his neck there. No thanks...

But big thanks to NESBA for not running it. Safety first!

JGardy_781

Not to cross promote, but if you're bent on riding Shenandoah, TPM consistently has dates there.

Not suggesting, per se, since I personally won't ride there, nor do I ride with TPM, but to each his own...

/j

ridelater

walls, walls, and more walls. i wouldn't even ride my sm on that track. you should take a track walk and see for yourself. hell everyone should walk a track before they ride it!

snikwad

ive seen videos of that track.
it looks like a hwy with them concrete walls all around. F that.
JC all day everyday, and Main to stretch the legs

drew231506

Shenandoah is a fun track...I think it gets a bad wrap. I've prolly done 8 or so days there over the past couple years and never seen anyone leave in an ambulance or hit a wall. Can't say the same for Main. It's a slow technical track so you don't really have the speed to reach the walls. There are a couple of turns where I could see it being a little sketchy. It takes a while to learn and I think that's why people get frustrated early...but once you get it, its a blast.

drew231506

tcontradiction;61374 wrote: Safety first. And they are all good reason. Okay lets change the petition to make summit point make the track safer!! :agree:
Some moron posted a similar thread on WERA...I wouldn't say it went great. But some good conversation came from it. ;)

rk97

I talk to one of the TPM instructors fairly regularly on another forum, and he says they run Shenny counter-race because it's safer.

I don't know if that's true, or sound reasoning, but keep that in mind if you're watching a video of the track from a car and thinking "no way."

again, safER. I don't know that it's "safe."

Dutch

We evaluated the track when it was first opened during lunch of a Summit Main day. Ran it both directions. Probably 15 of us total. Not a single one of us would ride there or put a fresh beginner rider there. To the someone's earlier post about not having ever seen a transport at that track, well, ask Vadim about that. I'm pretty sure he has enough metal holding him together from hitting the wall outside T1 to set off airport metal detectors.

nrcooled

I've ridden there before and I can see the safety concerns. The good news is that I'm slow so I don't have to worry about the same things that the A guys and CRs have to worry about. I find that there are very few fast corners and the rest of the track is stop and go.