Shenny/Main

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Hey guy I'll be at shenny on Sunday. It's my first time at summit point so I got some ? For ya.
1 can you camp the night before like at pit
2 Do they have power for tire warmers or do you need a generator
3 would anyone be willing to let me get on there generator I'll buy the gas
Any info and help would be great. Can't wait to get on a new track should be a good Sunday funday

Yes, you can camp the night before. If you're doing Main the next day (Monday) you need to relocate Sunday night.

Yes, there is power.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Hey guy I'll be at shenny on Sunday. It's my first time at summit point so I got some ? For ya.
1 can you camp the night before like at pit
2 Do they have power for tire warmers or do you need a generator
3 would anyone be willing to let me get on there generator I'll buy the gas
Any info and help would be great. Can't wait to get on a new track should be a good Sunday funday
1: yes, usually allowed in around 6:00pm
2: there is power there so you should be ok
3: if you're really concerned Let me know and I'll pack an extra Yamaha you can borrow for the day

Any other questions or help needed post up or stop over and ask, just look for the ktms all 3 should bee there.

Tom

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
sounds about right to me.
If I can drop a little time through there I think it would make a big difference.
If any CRs can offer some advice on that section on Monday I sure would be grateful.
Learning that T8 outside pass would be a plus too.

Didn't you say you were running flat 20's there with CCS?!?! Dude you ain't gonna be working with CR's anymore. At least none that are wearing shirts when you're out riding with them. :D If you're still in I group, you need to be the first dude out and let the CR know the progress you've made since your last track day with us...

Wish I could make it, we'd definitely practice that section of track. But in short, to pass on the outside of 8, you begin to plan that pass back in turn 6, or even 5, depending on the speed differential between you and the guy you're trying to pass.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Just hold the carousel and turn in late to straighten out 6/7 and twist that thingy on the right bar, also use your eyes, that's a series of turns that it really pays to look ahead as far as you can. I usually just watch John disappear into 9 and try to chase him on the uphill and on the front straight with HP.

CBRtist

Breaking them in on the track is fine, just try to follow the max rpm guidelines. Most motors are dyne run at the factories as a test and to do initial break in.

Tom, with max RPM guidelines, that will have me going a max of 55, maybe 60 mph, in top gear at Summit. No fun or bueno. Figured this out when I rode it an hour back from the dealership IN THE RAIN (hey, at least I know the stock tires rock in the rain :laugh:).

With this new revelation, I think I may break her in on street and keep the maiden track voyage for Lightning, rolling with both bikes for a 2-day.

Eddie

Didn't you say you were running flat 20's there with CCS?!?! Dude you ain't gonna be working with CR's anymore. At least none that are wearing shirts when you're out riding with them. :D If you're still in I group, you need to be the first dude out and let the CR know the progress you've made since your last track day with us...

Wish I could make it, we'd definitely practice that section of track. But in short, to pass on the outside of 8, you begin to plan that pass back in turn 6, or even 5, depending on the speed differential between you and the guy you're trying to pass.

I did get into the 20's at CCS in the rookie's race, but I don't have consistency at that pace yet.
I see you CR's at the races. I won't ever be done working with you guys.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Tom, with max RPM guidelines, that will have me going a max of 55, maybe 60 mph, in top gear at Summit. No fun or bueno. Figured this out when I rode it an hour back from the dealership IN THE RAIN (hey, at least I know the stock tires rock in the rain :laugh:).

With this new revelation, I think I may break her in on street and keep the maiden track voyage for Lightning, rolling with both bikes for a 2-day.
Pin it and go. Don't be such a little girl.

Erk14

1: yes, usually allowed in around 6:00pm
2: there is power there so you should be ok
3: if you're really concerned Let me know and I'll pack an extra Yamaha you can borrow for the day

Any other questions or help needed post up or stop over and ask, just look for the ktms all 3 should bee there.

Tom
Hey thanks but I ended up finding a generator so i should be good. Its awesome how people help each other here. I may have some psi ? On running the gpa pros. This is the first track day on them and tire warms. Once again thanks

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Personally, on the GPA's I've run 33 front/23 rear on the warmers. I know some people go up a psi or two on the front but I've stuck with 33 (Dunlop recommendation). Make sure they're warm and check them through the day. The GPAs like heat.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Just hold the carousel and turn in late to straighten out 6/7 and twist that thingy on the right bar, also use your eyes, that's a series of turns that it really pays to look ahead as far as you can. .

This is by far the best advice for that section of track. 98% of riders I work with in Novice and Intermediate (and the slower Advanced riders...that's not a coincidence) turn in way too early for 7, then have to hold more lean angle, longer, to get their bike to finish the corner. So you're left with either a horrible drive into 8, which sets you up poorly for 9, which affects entry speed for 10, which affects the speed going into 1...or you just hold that insane amount of lean angle, give it more throttle to try and keep up with your buddy, and high side to the moon before you even tip in for 8. To which some people will then chalk it up to a "worn out rear tire" or whatever.

Brian (Tad) already knows what I'm gonna say as a summary...you can't go fast on shitty lines. :D

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
: fact....if I had a penny every time I heard that from John at least I would be rich....still slow....ha!....at least one of these days it will sink in

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
I have Generators but if preferred to use summit power how much does that cost?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
For those coming to main tomorrow, everything is running 1/2 hour early.

Tech/Reg - 6:30 - 7:30
On track - 8:30

Going to run a bonus hour until 5:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk