Sick of watching riders get hurt due to unsafe race tracks

jonw189

I think Collin Edwards said it right in the movie "Faster" you just don't crash there. Edwards was referring to the tragic death of Dajario Kato, but this saying holds true at BHF. It is a track on an old farm after all, not a billion dollar + MotoGP track. Turn 2 is a place where you don't crash as well as turn 5. Unfortunately the reality of this sport is that it is life threatening. Don't get me wrong it sickens me that we've had 3 fight for life helicopter rides this summer at BHF but its either we do our best to protect ourselves while out on the track or we don't ride at all.

greeny

JRA;213196 wrote: An average cost for repaving in my area with normal asphalt is about $2.50 per sq. ft. I would imagine that the special types of asphalt they use on a race track would be higher. Assuming a 35 foot wide track that's 185,000 sq. ft. per mile.
well then it's a good thing that blackhawk is only about 8 ft wide. :D

Germany

greeny;213695 wrote: damn germans... do i gotta translate that to meters for ya?
yes, 8feet is about 2.5meters... that is about the width of a regular semi truck. I bet we could at least race two trucks next to each other on the track...

Germany

ERB68;213892 wrote: There is, But Germans are not permitted such things.
I felt out of place at the STT riders meeting, or I should now be able to obtain a greencard from Nick - I should have asked...

truckstop

Germany;213913 wrote: I felt out of place at the STT riders meeting, or I should now be able to obtain a greencard from Nick - I should have asked...
Given what day it was, it was a little more patriotic than usual...
but otherwise, there's an open border between NESBA and STT, consider yourself having a Aufenthaltserlaubnis that's good for a while.

gkotlin

We live in little Israel.
Our Dominick's carries specialty Jewish foods!
They're taking over my world! haha