Signed up for Intermediate, but put me in Novice...

mlakey130

Hi all,
This is my first time riding with N2, at Road Atlanta on the 16th. I signed up for intermediate class, but was placed in novice class. I have race experience from years past, and have done several track days for the past year.

My question is, how will they determine I am 'good' for the intermediate class? Will I go out with a CR and get evaluated? (Yes, I know that was 2 questions...)

Thanks. Looking forward to getting back out on the Road Atlanta track.
Mitch

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I'm sure you will get a better and more comprehensive answer than mine. So please take with a grain of salt.

I think you must have a current race license to start out in any other class then novice. Get with a CR first thing in the morning to have them check you out while your on the track, if they feel you are ready they will move you up.

I think this is what generally happens to people in your situation but I'm not qualified to say for sure. Hope that puts your mind at ease until you get a definite from someone who is qualified.

kappy1000

Control Rider
Director
Mitch...let's connect at the riders meeting in the morning. We can sort out your question there. - Kappy

tdelegram

Control Rider
As Kappy said, find him after the meeting he'll get you an early evaluation. Unless you hold a current expert level race license everyone starts in Novice. As you will see you can quickly be evaluated and if warranted bumped up to I. This approach is in everyone's best interest as too many people use ego rather than skill to determine what class to run. Additionally, the classes in N2 tend to be much faster than other groups. No one wants to hold you up just to make sure you're safe and at the right pace so please don't take it personally.

mlakey130

Thanks Guys. You guys answered my question perfectly. I will be at the track Sunday morning. Kappy, be ready for some older guy hunting you down. Yes, I sure don't take personally. And I sure don't have a big head. I am not a current 'racer' and just like to get my grins on the track rather than the street...

Looking forward to riding with you guys. Thanks again.