So...anyone see my crash at Summit Point Jefferson on 7/19?

1-3-2-4

Crappy first post here, but I'm wondering if anyone on the track is on here who may have witnessed my get-off in the afternoon. I was on the only Buell there and went off between 3:30-4:00 in B Class. Just looking for help piecing the events together.

Thanks!

Katie785

i saw 2-3 crashes that weekend... what turn was it in? I saw one in 1, 8 and 5..

most importantly - are you OK? Do you know what happened?

1-3-2-4

Katie,

This was at the end of the straight between turns 4 and 5 I believe (the back straight right before the decreasing radius 'bus stop' in the late afternoon.

I am sore, but I'll live. Couple bruises and such, but fine otherwise. Bike needs some work.

Not 100% sure what happened, since it was like a light switch. Literally, I never saw it coming. I was on one second, off the next. It all happened so quickly, it's hard to piece together. I may have slid the front, but not sure. I do know I developed an oil leak on that session and my swing arm is covered. Not sure if this did me in though...

Picture7.jpg

Picture9.jpg

Picture10.jpg

Picture8.jpg

BTW, FWIW, I wish my wife rode as well as you. How long have you been riding? Nice!

Katie785

oil leak - no good!! I didnt see that crash, just saw you standing there after it happened.. Sorry I couldnt be more help..

1-3-2-4

Yeah, no good is right. This bike has given me too many problems in the past year...this has made me decide to sell and convert to a track bike. ;)

NoBull

Isn't the swingarm where the Buell's keep the oil? This thread makes me think that might be a bad place for it ;)

gsxrida1980

sorry for your luck.

it might have had something to do with your tires. what are Scorpion tires? are they an off-brand?

1-3-2-4

Yes, the swingarm is where the oil is. The newer Buells (1125R and 1125CR) use a Rotax engine so the oil isn't in the swingarm any longer.

The tires are Pirelli Scorpion Syncs. They are obviously not dedicated track tires, but they felt OK for the rest of the day....maybe I pushed them too hard?

1-3-2-4

They make for excellent street tires. I've put 3000 miles on them plus this track day. They have seen mud, dirt, gravel, snow, and track. Overall, they handled well and wore great. Oh well.

Last night I discovered a broken frame mount from the wreck. Looks like this bike is toast. Time buy part it out and get something more track friendly...

neukirch

1-3-2-4;3151 wrote: Katie,

This was at the end of the straight between turns 4 and 5 I believe (the back straight right before the decreasing radius 'bus stop' in the late afternoon.

I am sore, but I'll live. Couple bruises and such, but fine otherwise. Bike needs some work.

Not 100% sure what happened, since it was like a light switch. Literally, I never saw it coming. I was on one second, off the next. It all happened so quickly, it's hard to piece together. I may have slid the front, but not sure. I do know I developed an oil leak on that session and my swing arm is covered. Not sure if this did me in though...

BTW, FWIW, I wish my wife rode as well as you. How long have you been riding? Nice!
I have not seen many Buells on track days, but I sure have not seen one which did not leak oil after being ridden hard.:notsure:

1-3-2-4

Fair enough. Great street bike. Looks like I need a better track bike, though (working on that now).