So difficult to suscribe and have a trackday???

rheritier

Hello everybody!

Here is my problem:
I'm french and I arrived in US 4 month ago. I bought a GSX-R race bike ready for race. I'm trying to understand what I have to do, just to do trackdays. I don't want to do competitions but just to have fun. I don't know if I need a license, an insurance, or what else.... I called the Summit Point race and they gave me the nesba website. Even if my english is very bad, the 4 hours I spent on this website didn't help me to answer all my questions.
So please, if someone could help me, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks a lot,

Ronan

JGardy_781

NESBA is a not-for-profit track day club - there are a bunch of them (Team Pro-Motion, and others...). You don't need insurance or technically a motorcycle license to do track days with us, but you normally use a drivers license to verify your identity (in lieu of a membership card), but a French drivers license, or for that matter, a passport probably would work, too - check with the directors in the region you want to ride in.

Next, to to days with us, you need to purchase a membership, and then you need to register for the track events you want to ride at, well in advance - they sell out early.

To buy a membership, first create an account here:

https://www.nesba.com/User/Register.htm

Once you create an account, login and purchase a membership ($70 US or thereabouts - it lasts for one calendar year from date of purchase; you'll need a major credit card - MasterCard, Visa, AmEx, Discover - to make the purchase). The link says "Member Registration" on the left side of your member services page.

Once a membership is purchased, register for a day in your account home page; the appropriate link says "Event Registration" on the left side of your member services page.

Next, read the riders manual (http://www.nesba.com/Info/Forms.htm) to make sure you and your bike are prepared well in advance of your first event.

Ask us questions on the board here... I have to imagine someone here must speak french fluently... My 3 years of French in high school is all but gone...

Good luck, and welcome to the US!

Jason

beac83

Ronan,

Welcome to the US and to NESBA. If you would like to sign up for a track day here are the steps.

1. At the NESBA site www.nesba.com create an account. Use the Create an Account link at the upper right. This will allow you to log in and purchase registrations for track days.

2. Log into you newly created account. Use the My Account link on the upper right of the main page. In this process you will also choose your bike number - any number from 1-999, and select your group - Beginner or Intermediate. I strongly suggest Beginner if you have not spent some time on the track previously.

3. After logging in, you can select Event Registration or Member Registration from the column on the left. This will allow you to move through the steps to purchase a track day and NESBA membership.

If the day/group you wish to register for is not shown in the event schedule, it is sold out.

There is also the option for a one-time FREE Intro group. The link for that is the LEARN MORE link under Free Orientation on the lower right of the main page.

The Riders Manual, which covers most everything you need to know to prepare for a NESBA Track Day is at http://www.nesba.com/Info/Forms.htm the link for that is under the Typical Track Day link at the top banner of the page.

Hope you find this information useful.

rheritier

Hello Jason, Hello Craig,

Thanks a lot for your answer, it's very pleasant to have someone that help you so quickly!
I've my account ready and I've to purchase a membership. I'm in DC so I'd like to race in summit point...
I just have a last question: It look like very easy to "do" a trackday. How do we do for the insurance (for example, if someone break his bike because of me??)?
Do you have some recommendations about the next trackday in summit point or close to DC??
Thanks again, it's a pleasure to meet so much sympatics americans, I love your country!!!

Ronan

JGardy_781

rheritier;60052 wrote: Hello Jason, Hello Craig,

Thanks a lot for your answer, it's very pleasant to have someone that help you so quickly!
I've my account ready and I've to purchase a membership. I'm in DC so I'd like to race in summit point...
I just have a last question: It look like very easy to "do" a trackday. How do we do for the insurance (for example, if someone break his bike because of me??)?
Do you have some recommendations about the next trackday in summit point or close to DC??
Thanks again, it's a pleasure to meet so much sympatics americans, I love your country!!!

Ronan
There is no insurance - you're out there at your own risk. If you're knocked out by someone else, they're not responsible to pay for your damages (medical, motorcycle, etc.). Similarly, if you hit someone else, you're not liable for theirs. I'm pretty sure that's spelled out in legalese on the event release that you'll acknowledge as you purchase an event...

Being in DC, you're relatively close to Summit Point, but you're also close to New Jersey Motorsports Park, VIR, BeaveRun, and others... Track lists are listed here: http://www.nesba.com/Info/TracksWeRide.htm you can pretty much google any of the names, and get detail on the tracks.

If you're able to do so, come out to Summit JC on Saturday and just observe for the day - Tech runs from 0700 to 0800; riders meeting typically from 0815-0845; bikes on track at 0900. You can pick a number of the members' brains, and get answers to any questions you might have...

Jason

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I don't have anything to add, these guys covered it, but I just wanted to say welcome!
True what was said about insurance, but make sure you have medical insurance (through work or whatever) that will pay your medical bills should you sustain any injuries.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Welcome! You mentioned you've got the bike, but make sure you've got all the protective gear too.
Some sort of medical insurance is pretty much a necessity. No one wants or plans to crash, but if it happens it gets expensive quick.
I too recommend going to a day as a spectator. The NESBA family is awesome. Ask questions, everyone's really friendly.

Carlos Escobar

There is a also a French girl that does trackdays and races, i don`t know if she post here. I do know she post on wera.com, her screen name there is frenchier6, real name is Virginnie(sp)

rheritier

Thanks a lot mens!
In france, racing is very friendly, here's too, it's very appreciable.
Here is a picture of the bike I bought.
attachment.php

I have a 1piece leather alpinestar, alp racing gloves, alp racing boots, and SHOEI helmet.

I hope I'll be ready to race!

Do you know if Virginie is racing on Summit Point?

Thanks again,

Ronan

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Virginie is from the mid-west, I believe, so I doubt you'll see her at our mid-atlantic tracks. She may go to BeaveRun on occasion. Not sure if she rides with NESBA, though.

JGardy_781

rheritier;60192 wrote: Thanks a lot mens!
attachment.php

I have a 1piece leather alpinestar, alp racing gloves, alp racing boots, and SHOEI helmet.

Thanks again,

Ronan
Did you race or do track days at home?

Carlos Escobar

rheritier;60192 wrote: Thanks a lot mens!
attachment.php

Thanks again,

Ronan
No idea, sorry.