So if you are headed to Road Atlanta

speedfree

I'm also there for July dates. I want to go faster thru 4, into the esses...I always chicken out bc it's so off camber. Like T1 at south. I know it's way faster, but I pussyfoot through there & lose drive down to T5.
I feel like I'm inconsistent coming into T6, but good all the way from there to T12... so get some RP's for 6 that aren't the guy in front of me.
I love 1-2-3... have taken some folks to school there :D

...another fool on his phone.

jsnow74361

Ruhe52;244103 wrote: What are you working on? What are your goals on the track?

Mine turn 1,2,3 want to get that done at a way faster rate. Its a mental thing as I know what I need to overcome to get to that spot.

What are you guys and gals working on.
IM got bump to I my second time riding with nesba rode with corner speed in the past my goal is to do all tracks this year i can then next year run the sportman series

Chaos

stow;245205 wrote: Get in line, we all want to go fast. I just haven't found the ability, yet. :D
:agree: :D

I guess if I had to be specific, I would say I am going to continue to get used to riding my R6 (only have 1 weekend on an R6 after coming off of a 675 for the past couple of years).

Aside from that, im going to work on carrying more speed through the esses and going deeper into T10.

Irish01

I personally have retired from going fast, I just wanna go MY FAST, learn the track and have fun. Second time there so I will be working on my braking and disecting each turn. Smooth on the throttle till Ruhe comes up next to me :D

Peanut

Control Rider
I like the "trying to go fast" thoughts. Yup that's my goal. Oh & also stop being such a punk in 1, stay on the gas down the esses & again with the punk issue in 6, use 1st smoothly in & hard out of 7, & stop being a punk in 12. Well just stop being a punk everywhere and go fast! :p

stow

Peanut;245784 wrote: I like the "trying to go fast" thoughts. Yup that's my goal. Oh & also stop being such a punk in 1, stay on the gas down the esses & again with the punk issue in 6, use 1st smoothly in & hard out of 7, & stop being a punk in 12. Well just stop being a punk everywhere and go fast! :p
When you figure all that out, let me know the secret. Sounds like we have the same issues. Oh, add being a punk into 10a to my list.

Mr.DJ

Peanut;245784 wrote: I like the "trying to go fast" thoughts. Yup that's my goal. Oh & also stop being such a punk in 1, stay on the gas down the esses & again with the punk issue in 6, use 1st smoothly in & hard out of 7, & stop being a punk in 12. Well just stop being a punk everywhere and go fast! :p
Just found mine..... Ride the "stocker" & follow Peanut (damn being smooth)

stow

jcrich;245868 wrote: You have a good reason for that after last year. :D Punk!
Even so, I was a punk into that turn before the patch incident. The patch and I have made up. The patch told me if my buddy Rich would have been just a little bit faster it would have taken him and spared me. So we blame you. :D

stow

Saltman;245874 wrote: Here's what I'm working on... Just hope my ADD won't interfere with my game plan. squirrel!
You and Dave Pullen must be related. He may be a shade or two lighter, but y'all have to be related some how. :rolleyes:

By the way, what changes did you make to the suspension? What is your front and rear ride height?

Saltman

stow;245876 wrote: You and Dave Pullen must be related. He may be a shade ololr two lighter, but y'all have to be related some how. :rolleyes:

By the way, what changes did you make to the suspension? What is your front and rear ride height?
:dunno: LOL I take it he does little worksheets too, huh?

I had the front forks serviced with rear shock and fluid changed and sag reset since I dropped 20 lbs from last year. Bike feels different from just going up the street. Not sure bout the ride height. Forgot to ask.

stow

Saltman;245877 wrote: :dunno: LOL I take it he does little worksheets too, huh?

I had the front forks serviced with rear shock and fluid changed and sag reset since I dropped 20 lbs from last year. Bike feels different from just going up the street. Not sure bout the ride height. Forgot to ask.
Yes Dave is a full blown analytical nerd. Of course he is super fast, so he may be on to something. There was a running joke many years ago, that Dave tracked how many times he pissed during a trackday. Dave is probably the only person I know that can tell you what and where he is doing on every inch of the track and he keeps detailed notes about setup, tires, reference points, etc. It is a good habit to start. I have always had good intentions, but the note sheet usually comes home blank.

In my experience with the R6, getting the geometry dialed in is very critical. The bike works well over a wide range of ride heights, but depending on your riding style and preferred feedback, there is a sweet spot that works really well. You have an 06/07 R6, right?

Saltman

OIC. Yea, I think I got one of his worksheets from off this board and changed it up to fit my needs. I just have a hard time keeping to the plan. I did a few things at Barber like riding around in only 3rd gear and practicing shifting in corners. Had more planned but didn't pan out.

Yes its an 06. I know that the rear is a tad lower. Not sure if thats due to front raised. My guy told me that the rear was super stiff - like way too stiff, so he softened it up some. Forks appear to be in same location as before but not sure. Hope it feels and corners like I want, but if not, its going to Chuck. He was going to do my suspension anyway but the local guy here specializes in that and motor builds. He ran his own team in AMA years back so since he was local, I tried him out. Suspension is such a fickle subject. Everyone sees things differently. I just want it to hold a line.

Ruhe52

Hmmmm I believ Peanut will be passing JCrich so close he will have some of his ass hairs in his teeth. Eeeeek

What a call out. I just started the thread Nut never thought it would go this way.
I'll say the same thing I tell your dog Apollo when I approach "me friend" good puppy.

You can forget about me rubbing your tummy that's where it ends at "me friend"

See you at R Hotlanta!!!!

Ruhe52

Hey no belly rub for you either. That's it I am getting in the truck I can't stand it anymore. I feel like I have gone through hell just to get here.
Truck issues fixed "check", RV battery issue fixed, "check", RV fridge issue fixed "check", pit bull restraint issue fixed " check", work ignored "check"

yep looks like I am ready to roll.

Mobile office headed to RA.