So if you are headed to Road Atlanta

stow

Southerly;246180 wrote: I should have worked on exiting turn 10B :banghead:
I missed this; what happened? Did you get a personal invitation to high-side hill?

Southerly

I wish I had missed it.

I managed to loop the back end instead of high-siding. Too much throttle when I was still leaned over. I remembered not to chop the throttle, but I supposed easing off slightly might have helped. I ended up sliding on the pavement watching my bike spinning into the outside curb. Unfortunately the bike didn't get far enough from the track so they had to red flag it.

Southerly

Not a scratch or bruise on me. The only anguish was due to the bike damage. Even that wasn't too bad. It doesn't look quite so pretty anymore however, at least not from the right side.

speedfree

So to follow up: always come with a plan.
The amazingness of the fundraiser weekend aside, and since there's a whole thread for that, who else used their plan and made some progress?
I had some stuff really start to click for me this time around, like commit to T4 and pin it all the way to the T5 entry curb, then use a lower gear to drive out of five;
Like brake much later for T6 and pick up the throttle much much sooner to drive into T7;
Like brake much less for seven, get down to the apex & then pick the bike up as soon as possible & use the entire track to start the drive out;
Like how fast a corner 10a actually is!

By just working on 4 and 6-7, and consciously picking up the throttle sooner & getting it to WOT sooner, I gained OVER THREE SECONDS from my last time at Road Atlanta. I got down into the 36s on both days, which honestly came as a total surprise. My goal was low 38s, so when I checked my laps at the end of second post-lunch session Saturday, I almost pooped myself.
It was a good weekend all around for this guy!
Anybody else?

...another fool on his phone.

denbsteph

Having been my first time to RA, I did not know what to expect. My plan was "Bach not Metallica" and by the 5th session of the second day it began to come together.

1) Get off the bike more, keep that triangle. ( getting better)

2) Smooth throttle, off and on. ( yep, almost there )

3) Brake later, hold the turning point to the apex later to carry more exit speed. ( need to trust my body position more to make this happen)

4) I'm the slipper clutch ( that is working really well )

Overall, I was very happy with my riding abilities, "Bach not Metallica" plan is working.

noobinacan

Fred you were moving dude
seriously...A group is no joke with this org. so many people run such a good pace...only few seconds off professional AMA pace.
and there's a wealth of talent to watch and learn from.

speedfree

Thanks Aman. I'm sorry I never slowed down long enough to really ride with anybody...I had all these good intentions, and then the helmet went on, and the fury took over :p
I hope to ride with y'all again maybe VIR in August, if things work out.

...another fool on his phone.