So who's gonna buy one?

moto-ufo

Next track bike? Just read in RRW that Aprilia is bringing its RS125 to the states. $5499 and will not be street-legal.

pearsonm

I've been fascinated with two-smokes since the Indy GP, but parts and maintenance concern me. I also wonder how well a 125 would haul my 200-lbs lard ass.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
I saw a guy on the 1st or 2nd at NJMSP riding one of these and i remember saying to myself i should not eat for a year just so i could ride one of those things, they are really cool!!

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Yup, they're available in the US now. I'm trying to see if I can get my hands on one over the winter.

Very slick little bikes, indeed.

Rob ..

hank

I checked it out at a Dealer - they had 2 of them. Amazing little machine and Aprilia makes one hell of a bike!:adore:

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Actually, I looked at those. Spoke to Ozzy a few times about minigp, seems like nice chap. But the bikes are complete and utter crap compared to the RS125. Not to mention that you're going to spend just as much for a Metrakit GP125 bike!

hank

The Aprilia 125 sold here in the US has all of the lights and other electrics required by the DMV. However, the wiring harness disables those features so that people will not be 'tempted' to sneak one by. An EU wiring harness can easily be bought if your DMV can be snookered... There are plenty of Aprilia RS 250's on the road so it is indeed possible....

The RS125 as a street bike is a huge global seller for Aprilia and it's build quality and reliability are impressive!