some good info for ya

Dave561

Control Rider
Good info T. Yep definitely need to swap out those tires. Better to do it at 5 years or less. I've had a 6 year old tire delaminate on me. Granted it was all but used up and pulling a trailer but skimping on tires is a bad thing and I should have known better

thanks dave. I posted this not so much for the car tire aspect but moreso that newbies and for those who buy tires on line at great discounts, also at the track, can decipher born on dates, so they are aware what their purchasing.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Thanks

Thanks for the good info....I need new tires on the family car. I'm either going to inspect them before they're mounted or tell the dealer no tires over 2 years old.....
Now, I store old tires for my classic bikes out in the barn...gonna have think twice about that practice.

Surfinglbi23

I always try and buy car tires online ... they tend to move more product and I have found my tires shipped from TireRack and sites like that are pretty new ... in fact my last set of Goodyear truck tires were shipped direct from goodyear after being on backorder.