some one try these warmers and let me know if they're junk

LOrtega

Control Rider
chinese knock offs, i have this conversstion 10 times a day, you get what you pay for buy a set of used woodcraft or chicken hawks, if you want to save a few bucks but at the end of the day would it not totally suck if you drive 5 hours to a track, pay the gas tolls entry fee membership cost etc... and then at the track your bootleg tire warmers stop working and you chuck your bike down the track and need 1500 bucks worth of parts to fix it......because you save 200 bucks and got crappy warmers ...

LOL I paint an awsome picture LOL

some guy #2

I use DMP warmers (Chinese knock-offs) and had a set go bad. Company I bought them from replaced them with the newer version for free. Been going strong for a year now. It's an electric blanket, not rocket surgery. +1 to to tyre sox's if you are really on a budget.

lplonske

i wouldn't describe my budget as tight at this point in the season. in september, perhaps. I was merely looking for a cheaper set of warmers to back up my woodcrafts and came upon this ebay listing and thought it was comical :D

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
some guy #2;230948 wrote: I use DMP warmers (Chinese knock-offs) and had a set go bad. Company I bought them from replaced them with the newer version for free. Been going strong for a year now. It's an electric blanket, not rocket surgery. +1 to to tyre sox's if you are really on a budget.
+1 I have the newer version of the DMP warmers as well, like you I had the old and was replaced at no cost...used the heck out of them this year and didn't have any problems.

ERB68

It really sucks that Chickenhawk spent years building a rep as a good product and this chinese knock off can't be stopped.

ama146

probably because chickenhawk (still being the best), is overpriced. how can a set of warmers possibly cost $800? they probably manufacture them for under $100

lplonske

ama146;231850 wrote: probably because chickenhawk (still being the best), is overpriced. how can a set of warmers possibly cost $800? they probably manufacture them for under $100
i hope you really don't think they maintain an 85% profit margin. this is more likely a simple case of american made products carrying a higher cost and therefore higher retail than it's chinese competitor

ama146

lplonske;231867 wrote: i hope you really don't think they maintain an 85% profit margin. this is more likely a simple case of american made products carrying a higher cost and therefore higher retail than it's chinese competitor
i was just throwing a number out there sarcastically. obviously they dont make them for under $100, but they sure as hell aren't anywhere close to $800 for a pair to make them.

Matt

i did the cheap warmers thing a few seasons ago..

I was lucky the guy warrantied them for a year, I ended up going through 5 sets.

greeny

lplonske;230949 wrote: i wouldn't describe my budget as tight at this point in the season. in september, perhaps. I was merely looking for a cheaper set of warmers to back up my woodcrafts and came upon this ebay listing and thought it was comical :D
it's a good idea to have a set of back up warmers when you've got woodcrafts. :eek:

lplonske

i had a woodcraft rear take a shit after about 5 uses, matt knows, he had to borrow me a set while i waited a month. soooo, what do i do? buy another set of woodcrafts for a back up :)

Cyclepath

Excuse me while i stab myself in the eye...........

Why do people still consider buying this junk? Every year its the same question "Is this chinese shit the same as the more expensive american made products?" Dear God.......

dj life

I bought a pair of chicken hawks 6 years ago and never once did I have a problem with them... You get what you pay for.. I use the hell out of mine from track days to racing I'm at the track at least 20 to 30 times a season. I bought the Pole Position type (their mid-grade ones) for $550 and could not be happier with them. So less then a $100 a year with not a single problem! Btw Woodcraft warmers don't like the up and down power coming from a generator thats why a lot of people have problems with them.
To be honest you really gotta look at the whole thing the same way... The things that are the most important at keeping you safe spend the money on. IE Helmet, leathers, gloves, boots, tires, brakes. Why would you cheap out on anything like that... Want to go cheap on something use a rattle can to paint your bike or get ok body work...
Just my opinion but it's from experience
Chris

xrated

fustyd;233642 wrote: You don't have to spend several hundreds to get a quality pair of tire warmers. Do your homework as there are many options out there. MOTO-D Racing makes quality tire warmers that everyday riders and racers can afford. We have a trackday set for $199.99/pair that heats quickly, looks great, and has a 1-Year "Bullet Proof" Warranty which covers you for both manufacturing defects and in case you leave them on and burn them out!!!! They are Nomex lined which provides great insulation.

www.MOTODRACING.com

moto-d-tire-warmers-sale-$149_m.jpg

moto-d-tire-warmers-sale-$149_m2.jpg

moto-d-tire-warmers-sale-$149_m3.jpg
And I have just one question for you.............What country are these made in?