Sound Level

Axis

I was looking at a used bike for track and it has an aftermarket exhaust. Is there a sound level restriction for N2, specifically at Pitt track or NC? Just wondered if I would need to change the exhaust on the bike. thanks for any advice. And yes, I'm new to track riding so trying to learn. thanks again

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Some of these bikes absolutely scream, so if you have any street legal exhaust at all, you should be fine even with Pitt's ordinance, which is as follows:

From Pitt's site: Track vehicles must remain under 103db. This sound limit is measured 50ft from the edge of the track.

NC has no published limit that I could find.

Regardless, you should be totally fine. I think it's only maybe Atl or one of the southern tracks that takes the noise thing seriously, but 103 @ 50' is pretty seriously loud.

JenningsGP (North Florida), which you are probably a loooong time away from visiting since you’re still innocent and pure, takes their 104dB limit seriously.

My bike (Duc, Akra pipes, dB limiters installed) busts the limit periodically when there’s cloud cover. The rolled up chicken wire they insist on shoving into your pipes is fugly.

I’ve never had a problem at other tracks (Pitt, NJMP, Summit (Shenny), VIR, NCBike, CMP, Roebling and Homestead).

MK3Brent

Treebeard
I've never seen dB limits on any of the VA/NC/SC tracks I've been on.

Roebling advertises that they have a dB limit on track, but I wasn't measured last time I was there.
They do have a sound curfew 8PM-8AM however.
When in doubt, you could also call up the tracks during the week and ask. :like:

I may speak for the most of us, please put a muffler on your generator if you're camping. :whistle:

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
Agreed on Jennings, we go down there every year and some get tagged for too high. Only other track I know of with db level is Laguna Seca.