Spies out of fuel at Monza...

chaun

**** THIS IS A WSBK SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN THE RACES ***

Spies out of fuel at Monza, who's fault... Techs, Bike or Rider?

Is this rider error for not managing his fuel better? What's the general concensus...

chaun

Drewbie;64417 wrote: How would he manage fuel?
Change riding style... short shift, brake later, etc.

:notsure:

I know the MotoGP riders can adjust their bikes on the fly... wasn't sure if the WSBK bikes could do the same.

Cole

map switches on the clip-ons, probably

... oh, and I haven't had a chance to watch the races yet, so thanks for the spoiler

Cole

not too big a deal
just don't put "spies out of fuel at Monza" in the title of the post, please

T

THE MUFFIN MAN

no one expects a rider to race a full season and not crash. you cannot push to be at the front, and ride on the edge against the best in the world and not occasionally exceed the limit in that effort. BUT you, as a championship rider, damn well expect that your bike, mechanics, etc, will not fail! mechanicals are inexcusable at that level.

Phillip Island - Race 1 - Ben runs off track (BEN WAS PUSHED OFF TRACK IN TURN ONE BY BIAGGI)
Valencia - Race 1 - Ben crashes (CRASHED AS A RESULT OF FAULTY ELECTRONICS, AS PER BEN)
Assen - Race 2 - Ben crashes (HIS FAULT)
Monza - Race 1 - Ben runs out of fuel (ARE YOU KIDDING? I HAVE TO RACE AND WATCH THE FUEL GAUGE TOO?)
Kyalami - Race 2 - Problem with Bike (Gear Shifter) (INEXCUSABLE)
Misano - Race 2 - Problem with Bike (Clutch) (SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHANGED AFTER RACE 1) Mladin demands it!

it is clear that the team as a whole is letting him down, and he went almost as far as saying so sunday. quoted as saying the frustration is mounting, because he is doing all he can, yet they keep giving away points, enuff to be running away with the tilte.

xlink

Roadracign World had an article about it. Spies started with a full tank and ran a rain map to conserve fuel...

rk97

so is "clutch problem" the official diagnosis for race 2 this past weekend?

i understand how that could cause him to fall back initially, but then later he was turning 1:37's just like everyone else, and came back from like 21st to 8th.

i've never had a clutch randomly stop slipping (to be fair, i've also never had a slipper clutch, or one that's got electronic launch control, etc. either)

stow

He was able to adjust the clutch (I am assuming) by taking slack out of the clutch cable.

avizpls

#11-A
well thats a relief! sorry. I havent watched this past WSBK race yet. I dont even know where it is, all I see on comcast is "Motorcycle Racing".

Spoilers suck! haha but my mistake. Sorry

rk97

on DishNetwork, all the WSB events are listed as "FIM racing." that might help you find them.

AMA is only listed as "AMA pro primetime." any other AMA events are likely dirt.

Moto GP, i don't recall... I think it might be listed as MotoGP, but the "info" bar will show if it's 125, 250, or just "moto GP" for the big show. I try to watch those live, so I record them less often.

styles

RCM78;64580 wrote: The Monza race was a restart. Ben's team didnt top off his bike after the red flag.
They did top it off but the fuel they topped it off with was a warmer temperature than what they usually put which threw off their calculations.

jkrueger

dude come on, you post that up as the title from races ago and then spoil this weekends races. wtf
you want to put superpole results up too?