Spies Signed Replica.

kf227

This year at the Indy dealer expo a friend of mine won a signed Spies helmet. He asked me to try and sell it for him. He rides on the dirt tracks so he has no need for the thing. He has all prof of a real Ben Spies signing with pictures. So this is my poor attempt to sell it for him.
Make a resonable offer and ill go form there. :popcorn:

Size is M
HJC FS-15 Trophy.
Color is Red.
Located in FDL, WI

Thanks for looking.

LUCKEDUCK

Well around about what is he looking to get for it?? What's it really worth?? That would be a good starting point... I'm sure he can sell it no problem... I might take it off his hands if its the right price!!

kf227

A guy at the show offered him 1200 and he sells the auotgraphed stuff. but who knows how much he would have turned around and sold it for. another random guy said there selling on ebay for close to 5000 which is hard to beleave. I havent searched around for anything like it online yet but monday ill check into it.
Im not sure what the things worth. SO now that I answered none of your questions.
ill have more info early next week.

Thanks

LUCKEDUCK

If he had someone offer him 1200 for it he should of sold it right then and there.. And 5000 I can't see them even getting close to that for it.. I have seen Rossi signed helmets go for 1200 to 1500 now I can see that cause those are AGV helmets with a motogp world champion signature on it... Hehehe

gkotlin

I can't believe he wants to part with it. I won the first one they raffled off the first day. I'll be putting it on display with my other cool collectibles. But this is my favorite! I can't imagine either of those amounts are accurate. But, it's supply and demand.

kf227

I was pretty damn happy after he won it myself because i talked my friend into putting his name in the rafffle and if he won he would hand it over to me but..........
the a** hole who put a 5000 dollar price tag made my friend take it back. :banghead:

so i find myself on here seeing really what people would buy it for and possibly selling it for him.

i would love to buy for the price of free but most my cash this year hopefully will be going to track days.

ive been stuck in a class all week for work so i have had little time to look into the helmet.

LUCKEDUCK

i saw one on ebay last week going for like 350.00 so the signed stuff from spies isnt pulling much money right now..... with that im thinking you can prob get like 300.00 to 400.00 for it.... since the helmet only cost around 250 for just the lid.... let your friend know this and see if he still wants to sell it.. just trying to help out... good luck witht the sell....

gkotlin

Signed doesn't really mean anything if it isn't verified or certified by legit provider. I have some cool music stuff thats signed. I had it signed personally, so I know it's legit. But if you can't have good papers to go with it, it rarely goes for much.

A good friend would give it to you knowing that you'd appreciate it.

And yes, when I won mine, I was pretty darn pleased :) The year before I won an auction for a signed Spies poster with papers. I don't know that I can top this one.

LUCKEDUCK

Where are you guys going to put your names in a drawing to win cool stuff like this?? I want to get in the fun!!!! Does anybody know of any cool bike expos around va???

kf227

An update on the helemt he still has the dam thing and he will part from it for for 700.

Any takers let me know.

Thanks