Sport Rider Article/Add: Boot Repair

Poper

I am interested in locating the Sport Rider article that was published in the last year about boot repair for the soles of SIDI boots. It wasn't a long piece, but more an advertisement for the company in California that swaps the soles with motocross boot soles. Any help/information about the article or company would be much appreciated, by about 1,000 members!

Poper

PS: I think it was published in SR, but I may be wrong...

Brian Laws

Not sure about the article, but I'll bump your question and say that 'shoe goo' works great for repairing soles. I use it any time I start to wear a new hole.

Pascal

How often are you putting in more shoe goo? My new Sidi's are mint...except for that hole in the bottom :argh:

Brian Laws

The stuff is amazingly strong. I wore my first hole after only a couple weekends. Poured on the Goo at the end of last season and haven't used any more since.

Motomoon

Hot glue gun with a harder compound glue fixes it up pretty quick and sets up in a lot less time then Goo if time is an issue

Ruhe52

Here's an idea how about Sidi makes a better freakin sole on their boots I have two sets sitting in the garage that are brand new except for holes in the sole. Oh wait one has a bunch of shoe gooo in it.
Nice boots great fit but never again $400 for a boot that wears through in 3 track days? eeeeeeek

Meat

:agree:

How hard could it possibly be to put a piece of aluminum plate in the sole in the ball of your foot? I have Dainese Axial Race boots and for my $400+ I got to wait for 4 months and have a gorgeous boot that is comfortable and not the least bit rebuildable. I have too big of a calf to go in the SIDI's or any other quality boot, other than the Dainese.

I would like to try a Daytona next.

I have read on another forum about a guy having a boot repair shop put a piece of composite on the inside to cover the hole.

Ruhe52

Hey for roughly the same price A Stars Supertech R one size smaller than the Sidi size you wear if a perfect fix for the crappy product Sidi puts out.

hank

There is an advert for replacement soles in the back of RRW every month:

www.advancedperformanceaccessories.com
704/340-7958

SMSOLESMALL_144x312.jpg