sportbike wheel/tire organization

I was telling someone the other day who was pointing out that I spend quite a bit on Motorcycles. I had to explain that whole deal that motorcycle racing is like yoga on wheels and it's a great sport for you head because you can't have room in your mind for anything else except whats on the track and how that's healthy.... Ive never been a well organized person. Im smart in many ways and I work well in kaos. So i told them that now I'm embarking on organization because everything I want to bring to the track don't fit in my 12x6 trailer.

What do you guys suggest for spare wheels and extra tire organization? Whats the latest coolness?

dbarufaldi

design-engine;212457 wrote: I was telling someone the other day who was pointing out that I spend quite a bit on Motorcycles. I had to explain that whole speal I do that motorcycle racing is like yoga on wheels and it's a great sport for you head because you can't have room in your mind for anything else except whats on the track and how that's healthy.... Ive never been a well organized person. Im smart in many ways and I work well in kaos. So i told them that now I'm embarking on organization because everything I want to bring to the track don't fit in my 12x6 trailer.

What do you guys suggest for spare wheels and extra tire organization? Whats the latest coolness?
I've been doing a vertical stack in the trailer, which is fine, but not terribly secure. Been thinking about something like this, or a homemade version: http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=60&category=Tire+Storage

Just curious - are you serious about not getting everything you want in a 6x12 trailer? If that's true, you are either not packing well, or damn girl, you need to leave the steamer trunk home :)

Dan B

I like to bring two bikes to in the event of a get off i can cannibalize one to keep the other running. CCS racing this year and Wera next...

Plus I want to work on my organizational skills ;)

dbarufaldi

design-engine;212469 wrote: I like to bring two bikes to in the event of a get off i can cannibalize one to keep the other running. CCS racing this year and Wera next...

Plus I want to work on my organizational skills ;)
I'll have to take a pic of my 6x12 next time I pack it up. 3 sportbikes, 1 full size rolling tool chest, compressor, welder w/gas cyl, front/rear stands, ez-up canopy, 4 chairs, 3 gas cans, 2 jack stands, fire extinguisher, 6-8 tires (including 2 trailer spares), 5 bins of spares and tire changing machine, and a whole boatload of duffel bags with gear for three guys.

I need to figure out where to put a genny...something bigger than the Eu2000i, so I can run the compressor and possibly the welder.

Dan B

HaVoC

jcurtis;212526 wrote: Try this. I have one and mount it just over my bike. Keeps all my tires off the ground and folds up if you are not using it. CLICKY---CLICKY
Pitposse Fold up tire rack..I have the same.Its simple and keeps them from getting any damage.

Joe Vital

You folks that have that pit posse thingy...i have seen them rip out of the walls. have you all had any similar trouble, or have i only seen shitty installations.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Joe, not sure about the ones that collapsed...:dunno: I attached it to the metal studs with the largest self-tapping metal screw that would fit. Perhaps were not anchored to the studs?

Mine has been loaded up, with an extra set of wheels and tires without issue many times. It is about 1-1/2 years old. Jiggy had the same on in his trailer as well. The quick release connectors are the only thing that makes me cringe. It seems like they could disconnect from lateral movement. I use a mini-bungee around the ends of both arms where they meet to make sure the arms do not separate.

Would be interested in hearing if anyone has had a problem with them as well.

HaVoC

Joe Vital;212821 wrote: You folks that have that pit posse thingy...i have seen them rip out of the walls. have you all had any similar trouble, or have i only seen shitty installations.
Joe, U MUST catch the studs on the trailer walls for it to have any strength.If not then like u see they rip right off. Also have the correct harware to mount it to the studs..
Good luck!

ERB68

I made a tire rack for my trailer but it doesn't fold up. Pit posse for the win.

I installed the pit posse tire rack in a friends trailer. nice unit. I used carriage bolts but you must hit the wall studs of the trailer or it will just rip out.

If your trailer doesn't have much head room (aka low trailer) you could trim the pit posse unit to make it more compact.