Sportbiketrackgear

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
D-Zum;116469 wrote: DAMMIT JUDY!!!!!!! Cancel whatever you got going on and make Summit in May!!!!!

OH..and if you cannot get Yuengling where you're from, and have your own local microbrews you'd like to trade...I'll take a couple of trade requests. Did that with Ed from Wisconsin last year..that was pretty cool and a lot of fun because I like to try different beers.
Have to see what/if I can do! In NJ, I have easy access to Yuengling, one of my faves. Tons of other good stuff, too. You like IPAs?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I just like trying different beers...can't say you don't like it if you don't try it.

sobottka

D-Zum;116739 wrote: I just like trying different beers...can't say you don't like it if you don't try it.
Well i'm sure you've heard us talk about Chouffe Belgian ales. They are a must try. Houblon Chouffe(ipa tripel), La Chouffe (spiced ale) or Mc Chouffe (browm ale) all rock! jigs got me addicted to the Houblon Chouffe, mmmm I can taste it now!! I highly recommend :cheers:

racerxxx

Well while there is talk about stores and such, what is the actual affiliation between NESBA and the trackday store? I mean NESBA is a nonprofit club, and the trackday store looks to be a for profit business. I only ask because before I blindly give my money over I want to make sure it actually is going to the club and not into someone's pocket. So do all profits go to NESBA? Or are we padding someone's wallet in the name of the club? Just asking not trying start something.

ERB68

sobottka;116745 wrote: Well i'm sure you've heard us talk about Chouffe Belgian ales. They are a must try. Houblon Chouffe(ipa tripel), La Chouffe (spiced ale) or Mc Chouffe (browm ale) all rock! jigs got me addicted to the Houblon Chouffe, mmmm I can taste it now!! I highly recommend :cheers:
Good Idea Rob.......

(heads to the beer fridge in the garage)

MMMMmmmmmmm La Chouffe!!!

JohnS

racerxxx;116768 wrote: Well while there is talk about stores and such, what is the actual affiliation between NESBA and the trackday store? I mean NESBA is a nonprofit club, and the trackday store looks to be a for profit business. I only ask because before I blindly give my money over I want to make sure it actually is going to the club and not into someone's pocket. So do all profits go to NESBA? Or are we padding someone's wallet in the name of the club? Just asking not trying start something.
This was covered elsewhere and a I think this response ansswers you question the best.

Dutch;112146 wrote:
Jason hit the nail on the head (obviously with his experience in this arena.) You can pull up NESBA filings and see that the org doesn't retain a boatload of cash from year to year. Quite the opposite. The business model has always been to walk the line between retaining enough cash to be solvent headed into the next season and returning that profit, so to speak, in the form of member benefits. Having been a director with this org I have seen the P and L statements. For example, when the club has a rain out the accounting for that event shows up as a loss in the amount of track rental and expenses associated with having run (or not run in this case) the rain out. This goes to the bottom line as a loss. Even though the club is out of pocket for those expenses up front, we still retain the event fees but they are now in the system as a credit (which is actually a liability) for 365 days. Because of that we end up ammortizing the loss of the event over the next 365 days. These credits then reduce the profitability of the events on which they are applied over the course of the year and are felt in the bottom line. Same thing with crash and mechanicals. If the club experiences a high amount of rain outs in one year it all eventually flows down to the bottom line and affects retained earnings and cash on hand. There have been years in the past, and there will be years in the future, when things get mighty thin when we hit December through February when all the deposits come due. If NESBA can launch a store such as this one, provide a benefit to the members, and help shore up it's fiscal foundation then I am 110% behind this. Ensuring the future of this club has to be the number one priority. I don't know what the plans are when it comes to the non NESBA track side vendors operating in some regions but it's not like there aren't online vendors out there right now competing for the same chunk of the pie that they are. Hopefully something can be done to make this a collaborative effort in which everyone succeeds.

ERB68

D-Zum;116469 wrote:
At any rate...I bring at LEAST a case of beer with me wherever I go...and two's pretty much my limit on any night. The rest I like to share.

OH..and if you cannot get Yuengling where you're from, and have your own local microbrews you'd like to trade...I'll take a couple of trade requests. Did that with Ed from Wisconsin last year..that was pretty cool and a lot of fun because I like to try different beers.
Glad you liked it.

Some one posted like I was weird/nuts when I asked if anyone wanted to beer trade.

Sorry I didn't have time to come hang some with ya. (falling down sucks) But we got it working for the next day.

Like said it is a bit of a turn off with the over zealous responses to other orgs.

I work my a@@ off and if I can make it to a track day near me and it happens to be run by others, I'm in. Life is too short to get to excited over the little things.