Stack Tires=Free Track Time @ Atl. Motorsports Park

JBZ1k

Hi everyone, just wanted to give y'all a heads up about a chance to get some track time at AMP.
Found this on their Facebook.

Atlanta Motorsports Park
WANT FREE TRACK TIME AT ATLANTA MOTORSPORTS PARK?
Tire assembly day by RSVP. Many have asked, how can we get track time @ AMP? Here is your chance. We are offering a one day pass @ AMP for sorting and assembling four "six packs" of tires. (Basically a six pack is six stacks of five tires tall equals one six pack) There is no bolting, drilling, just sorting like size tires, and then strapping them together with nylon straps and buckles. No tools required... Assemble 8 six packs, two days of track time... Six packs to be inspected for proper assembly. This strapping format is quick and easy compared to the drilling and bolting. (If you want kart track time it is two days per four six packs)

INVITE other groups and people, two wheel, karting, anyone, etc.
Please email: Donbarnes42@gmail.com to RSVP your attendance.
When - anytime that fits your and Don's schedule!

I'm going Oct 28th. Shoot Don an email if interested.

amp

"We are offering a one day pass @ AMP"

does this mean NESBA will accept this 'one day pass' as payment for a regular TD?
if so, is there a max?
seems like a great way to ride A LOT for free at AMP.

JBZ1k

Im unsure of how to redeem the track time but this oppertunity is not affiliated with NESBA.
As far as how many TDs you can get, I spoke with an employee at Mt. Motorsports and he already has two TDs saved up.
As for the format of the TDs if you have questions about that or the redeeming process you may want to include your questions in your email to Don.

JBZ1k

Even if it will be work I'm ready to see the track in person. I hope Nesba is able to pick up some TDs next season there, and maybe it will do Road Atlanta some good to have some compitition next door.

JBZ1k

Just got this in.

Jacob, Please pass this information along to any group you can. We will be banding tires this week on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, bring a friend and you both can earn a track day. The track day is open for car drivers and bike riders. We will provide all the instructions, spec sheet and materials. Just let me know when you are coming, open 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM. wear old clothes, bring gloves, this is fun, dirty work* Please drop me an email to schedule. We will continue to band until all tires have been used, after last weekend banding party very successful participation, this offer will not last very long. If you are unable to attend this week, check back with me next week and I will give you an update

You will earn one day for every four bundles assembled, all bundles must meet our specs and we will inspect and approve. The track day can be used on any of the 60 Tungsten member days during 2012. Certificate expires December 31, 2012.

Thx, db

kawaholic

email sent... hoping to be able to work for free track time this saturday... :D

thanks for the heads up!!! :adore:

JBZ1k

Dont thank me I just happened to find out about this last Friday while I was shopping for a sprocket for the zx6
. I hope nesba gets some time at amp.

I know it's off topic but does anyone know if +2 in the rear sprocket is what I should get for Barber? From my experience in Aug there I wasn't using much of 6... I don't even know if I hit 6th now that I think about it.

kawaholic

well, i wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for this thread... :D

as far as gearing, i rode there for the first and only time last november. i'm still on stock gearing with mine. can't remember if i used 6th or not but i don't think i did. +2 on the rear would definitely be a step in the right direction but i couldn't tell you if that would be the "perfect" set up or not. one of my friends has an 05 and he's -1 on the front. he says he likes it for the smaller tracks that don't have the long high speed straights. i THINK that would be a good set up for barber. -1 on the front would be about the same as +3 on the rear but your best bet would be to get a hold of chuck from performance cycleworx and see what he would recommend for you.

JBZ1k

Thanks for the info. I will try and get in touch with Chuck this week. Maybe I'll see some of y'all there Saturday. I don't know very many people here yet but I'm loving this organization.

JBZ1k

Well I went out to AMP today and I must say they have a long way to go but this place is going to be sweet. It took a friend and I 6hrs to stack enough tires for one TD but all in all it wasn't bad. They have a lot of tires to go too. After we got done we begged them to let us out on the track in my car and I was able to drive most of the track but its not all paved and corvettes dont like dirt so it was 5 mph the whole way. I have to say this place is going to be off the freaking chain!! If Nesba doesn't pick up some Tds I would be very sad. Stacking tires was hard work but knowing I will get to ride there next year is exciting.

TeamBeer

JBZ1k;220489 wrote: Dont thank me I just happened to find out about this last Friday while I was shopping for a sprocket for the zx6
. I hope nesba gets some time at amp.

I know it's off topic but does anyone know if +2 in the rear sprocket is what I should get for Barber? From my experience in Aug there I wasn't using much of 6... I don't even know if I hit 6th now that I think about it.
On my GSX-R600 I have -1/+2 and I still don't use 5th all that much.

JBZ1k

Thanks Teambeer, I ended up looking up the track map that shows the speed of the straights and then went to gearing commander to see what looked good and ended up with -1 +2 also. Ordered from nesbastore and they are in the mail. Thanks
You coming to Barber?