Stainless steel brake line choice

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I know adding SS brake lines are a great modification to add to a bike, but which manufacture?
I have narrowed it down to two different manufacturers, Spiegler or Galfer. Pro/Cons of each or is there a better manufacturer than these two?

Should I replace the pads, they are almost new?

How crash protection? I like Woodcraft’s frame sliders and Lsl crash pads.

mpusch

Micah
What kind of pads do you have in now?

Engine covers are good. I use GB racing. Frame sliders are highly debated (I use them).

Buddy of mine went to HEL lines and they seemed great so far.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Brake lines are brake lines as long as you install them properly.

Almost always my first change to a bike every time I buy a new bike. Except the last couple that have already had them.

What kind of pads do you have in now?

Engine covers are good. I use GB racing. Frame sliders are highly debated (I use them).

Buddy of mine went to HEL lines and they seemed great so far.
I have no idea what kind of pads are on the bike. I only shined a flashlight on them to see how much is left. I would say they have 75% left.

Ron R

I found some pads I like and always keep a spare set on my trailer. Sense you just got the bike and haven’t been able to see if you like the current pads I would leave them in but have a new set of your favorite pads on hand. I really like vesrah

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Honestly, Spiegler, Goodridge, Galfer, and other well known brands are good. So long as you stick with a reputable manufacturer, you're talking about stainless braided hose with fittings at either end. It's not rocket science. Remember - it's not about looks. It's about the fact that braided stainless resists expansion far more than OEM rubber, giving you a firmer control of the brake pressure. In many cases it comes down to who is easier to order from - particular if you need some sort of custom application such as underslung rear calipers, etc. I've had them from several manufacturers and bluntly, there has never been any difference in terms of quality or performance.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Just make sure about the various types of banjo fittings you need. There are about 100 different angles and bends available. The other consideration is one line (with a splitter) vs two line.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I much prefer the OEM style line setup, one line coming off the master and splits off. Nothing wrong with the dual line setup, I just find it a bit more of a PITA to route the lines at the clip on. It gets cluttered quick, with the throttle housing cables and housing, brake master, and trying to set it up so the lines and extra long banjo bolt don't interfere with anything when moving the clip ons from lock to lock.

Just make sure about the various types of banjo fittings you need. There are about 100 different angles and bends available. The other consideration is one line (with a splitter) vs two line.

I was curious about the one line with splitter vs the two lines. I see on the websites that two lines are track only. Which makes me wonder, if two lines are safe for braking at 150mph why aren’t they safe for the street. I’m planning on replacing the line with a single and a splitter just like the stock routing.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I've had both OEM (one line with a split) and two lines coming off the master. Honestly, I could never tell a difference. A proper bleed is important, of course, bleeding at the Master as well if it's equipped with a fitting.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I've had both OEM (one line with a split) and two lines coming off the master. Honestly, I could never tell a difference. A proper bleed is important, of course, bleeding at the Master as well if it's equipped with a fitting.
Even if the master is not equipped with a bleed valve you should bleed there. It's messy but I crack open the banjo fitting and pump the lever to get the master bled. Keep a wet towel under your hand to sop up the brake fluid. Once this is done bleeding the slaves goes much faster. I've had good luck with Spiegler Rennsport lines.

Dom17

Intermediate Intermediate
I always use Galfer. If you order from them directly they send you a pretty cool T-shirt. :)

One of the sets was for an Fz6 in fact. I got the double line set up. No routing issues. Very happy with it.

JBowen33

I always had issues with EBC pads glazing over. I went to Galfer and never had an issue and much better braking. Vesrah I haven’t had issues with ether just prefer Galfer.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I was curious about the one line with splitter vs the two lines. I see on the websites that two lines are track only. Which makes me wonder, if two lines are safe for braking at 150mph why aren’t they safe for the street. I’m planning on replacing the line with a single and a splitter just like the stock routing.

Just by some freakin stainless steel brake lines, Mike..this ain't rocket science.

Just by some freakin stainless steel brake lines, Mike..this ain't rocket science.
I know it’s not rocket science. Grandpa Simpson ;) already said that. It’s more of a curiosity thing. I already have some ordered. :like: