Stator problems again...

devildogae

So I just replaced my stator about a year ago, went out, at the same time I got a recall done for the regulator/rectifier, but my stator just went out again. I haven't taken a look at it yet, but I'm fairly certain that's the problem. What would cause me to keep having this issue?

R1Baby

Control Rider
The regulator. In my experience stators just don't always fail on there own. I usually replace both at the same time.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
R1Baby;285306 wrote: The regulator. In my experience stators just don't always fail on there own. I usually replace both at the same time.
Agree, I was having similar issues until I replaced both at the same time.

betarace

Generally regulators fail when they overheat and usually trying to charge a battery down on power. Recommend a battery tender to avoid this if you can.

an experienced builder told me that the problem with regulator.rectifiers isn't necessarily heat, but the connectors.
all the vibration causes intermittent (and nearly constant) disconnections, which results in faulty signals.
his remedy: hardwire the reg.rect to the engine side. i.e., no plastic connectors, just spliced wires, thus lessening or eliminating altogether the possibility of any disconnection.

borislav

Control Rider
^ all this and also your regulator usualy fail first.When your regulator fail get yourself a Rick's powersports Mosfet type regulator(havy duty) and before installing it check stator is it grounded and for right voltage output.

devildogae

Thanks for the info, I also failed to mention I have a custom HID system as well, I ink that's what's causing my problem