Strapless trailer restraints.......

DougM

So I'm setting up a new trailer for next year and was thinking of going with a strapless tie-down system. I'm kinda leaning towards the pitbull set-up, but looking for opinions from anyone using a strapless set-up in their trailer now....

sobottka

pit bull is the bees knees! its what i use and my bike has never had a trailer mis-hap with this set-up

Katie785

+1 for the PitBull.. mine arrived yesterday.. it's also how they get the 20+ demo bikes around all year in the big rig..

alocker

I don't think I have heard a negative review of the Pitbull. I have one and I love it so go buy one.

BrianK01

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

it is so great to load my bike up on my utility trailer in a matter of minutes and then drive 500 miles and not worry about it at all. when i used to use the canyon dancer/ ratchet strap set up i always kept an eye in my rear view mirror. not anymore.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Ditto on the Pit Bull. I set the steering damper to full stiff to keep the front wheel from turning.

ThePro8

i have use pit bull, condor, and baxley. I have to say I like baxley the best. The pitbull holds the bike the most secure, but I felt it was more difficult getting the bike in and out of the pitbull and holding the bike stable.

BrianK01

ThePro8;97070 wrote: i have use pit bull, condor, and baxley. I have to say I like baxley the best. The pitbull holds the bike the most secure, but I felt it was more difficult getting the bike in and out of the pitbull and holding the bike stable.
:confused::confused:

i couldn't imagine anything being easier than the pitbull?

DougM

Wow, Quite the overwhelming response!! Thanks everyone! I guess i know what I will be ordering tomm. The only downside I see in the application is the fact that you need multiple, expensive axle pin sets if you want to put multiple bikes in the trailer or are not sure what or who's bike you are taking to the track.

Bucky Badger

I would totally tie down my bike with restraints...

Nahh...just kidding...I have 4 pitbull restraints in my trailer, awesome product!

Ruhe52

Go Pitbull for your bikes no doubt about it. If you have guest bikes run two strips of e track and get a Baxley then order the KYA tyre down (universal fit for anyones bike). That said heck with itif friends are going to be using your trailer to get their stuff to the track let them buy the Chock and Tyre Down you bought the trailer. HEHEHE

Pitbull once you get used to it is the way to go wish they made a mini for the Zuma........

oldschool

Once you go pitbull you'll stay with pitbull. Never had any problems with loading the bike by myself. Just roll the bike in and it's secure.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I love the pitbull restraints. LOL. When I have the occasional "guest bike" in my trailer, it gets tied down the traditional way with Ancra straps. I bought and set up my trailer way before the invention of strapless systems, so I've got a boatload of etrack in there.