Strapless trailer restraints.......

KrashBandit

Hey Brian! Sorry I was tied up on the phone the whole time when you came through last month man. Glad you're happy with your restraints!

Haha, I like the quickly/right/cheaply quote. That's good stuff.

JRA

I think just about everybody here has at least one Pit Bull product. Lets see, I have seven bike stands of various configurations (even a couple of the old style triple tree stands which are great for the garage) and three trailer restraints.

The only thing I would like to have that I don't is a couple of sets of the new push button retractable style pins that hold the axle pins in. They are a big improvement over the safety pins that used to come with the trailer restraints.

George, are they available separately?

KrashBandit

JRA;97428 wrote: I think just about everybody here has at least one Pit Bull product. Lets see, I have seven bike stands of various configurations (even a couple of the old style triple tree stands which are great for the garage) and three trailer restraints.

The only thing I would like to have that I don't is a couple of sets of the new push button retractable style pins that hold the axle pins in. They are a big improvement over the safety pins that used to come with the trailer restraints.

George, are they available separately?
The push-button pins have already been replaced with a better pin actually. While the push-button pins are incredibly easy to use, but our new method is more durable over time. It's easier than the old safety pin method and more durable than the push-button style. Just call or email me with your address info and I'll send you some out immediately.

KrashBandit;97420 wrote: Hey Brian! Sorry I was tied up on the phone the whole time when you came through last month man. Glad you're happy with your restraints!

Yep... and most people do not understand that when you have requirement creep that costs go up exponentially. A "minor change" can end up costing some serious coin.

Bucky Badger

KrashBandit;97420 wrote: Hey Brian! Sorry I was tied up on the phone the whole time when you came through last month man. Glad you're happy with your restraints!

No worries George. It was nice to actually stop in at your plant and see your operation....the only downside was all the shiny pitbull stands in the warehouse made my dirty stands get an inferiority complex...but we have them in counseling for it during the off season. ;)

KrashBandit

Bucky Badger;97439 wrote: No worries George. It was nice to actually stop in at your plant and see your operation....the only downside was all the shiny pitbull stands in the warehouse made my dirty stands get an inferiority complex...but we have them in counseling for it during the off season. ;)
Tell em they're not dirty...they're seasoned:) If that doesn't work we can get them replated for around $13 apiece. Just let me know:idea:

Amac955

+1 Million on the Pitbull Product. They even make pins for 1st gen SVs that don't have hollow axles! My loading and unloading time has been cut in half since I'm not spending time messing with tiedown straps.

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
Figured I go +(as many as you let me) for the PitBull TRS...absolutely awesome and those guys really go the extra mile to work with the customer.

ceptorman

Amac955;97898 wrote: +1 Million on the Pitbull Product. They even make pins for 1st gen SVs that don't have hollow axles! My loading and unloading time has been cut in half since I'm not spending time messing with tiedown straps.
+1....I have a 1st gen SV and the Pitbull system works great. Also have the extra pins for my RC51.....EXCELLENT product!!!

rk97

can someone measure the base-plates of their pit-bull setup for me?

I want to make sure whatever trailer I purchase can accommodate 2 pit-bull setups side-by-side, and i'm wondering if 4x8 is going to be wide enough. If not, the 5x8 is in my future...

I heard a rumor that they're 2.5 feet, but I can't picture them being more than 20" wide.

ceptorman

Mine is in my trailer but I can get a measurement later....I'm thinking about 26" wide. The measurement of outside pin to pin is 23". You could put 1 bike facing forward the other the opposite. I have my bike facing backwards in my trailer.

rk97

it did occur to me that 2 bikes would fit better "head-to-toe," but I don't like the idea of having 70mph wind hitting the BACK of my wind screen, jamming air INTO my exhaust, etc.

probably just paranoia on my part... Thanks for the info though.

ceptorman

If your trailer isn't wide enough for 2 side by side, an 8' long trailer would let you place second plate behind the other. They are 6.5' deep.....my SV650 is approx 80" from front tire to back of plate.

CHeYeNNe

rk97;99391 wrote: it did occur to me that 2 bikes would fit better "head-to-toe," but I don't like the idea of having 70mph wind hitting the BACK of my wind screen, jamming air INTO my exhaust, etc.

probably just paranoia on my part... Thanks for the info though.

Never a problem. My R1 traveled to Deals Gap that way easily going 70+ LOL

I was also worried but my friend always carries his bike(s) backwards and never a problem.

JRSMAIL

CHeYeNNe;105492 wrote: Never a problem. My R1 traveled to Deals Gap that way easily going 70+ LOL

I was also worried but my friend always carries his bike(s) backwards and never a problem.
Your said FRIEND (cough Steve), is backwards.:wow: J/k G2G:D

j_fuggin_t

I have a 5x8 trailer with two of the pitbulls mounted up, the clip ons are close but they do clear & i can walk between the two bikes to get them on & off