Suggest / choose a track?

R_Whiteman45

id have to say NJMP... stay for two track days if youre doing a weekend and you can hit two different tracks if you set it up.

Lightning is fun and would be a good pace for your bike, and T-bolt is awesome.

avizpls

#11-A
I do like NJMP. I typically dont do two days in a weekend. I like to pace them out throughout the season. I have a friend that lives in philli so thats where I stay and its a nice reason (on top of the TD) to go out that way a few times a year.

Lightning 5/14 and Thunderbolt 7/18. Ive ridden Lightning, Tbolt will be new to me.

Fatboy

VIR was closest to you go there! South or north would be your best bet as a first timer avoiding long straights. Rd America's out though its my fav track, it has 3 top speed straights

dbakerpa

Fatboy;170007 wrote: VIR was closest to you go there! South or north would be your best bet as a first timer avoiding long straights. Rd America's out though its my fav track, it has 3 top speed straights
The nice thing about VIR is lodging is right there. The paddock rooms have garages right under them.

arhale09

This is just one man's opinion, but CMP isn't in the same league as VIR or Barber. It's barely the same sport. It'll get you track time, and the kink on the backside is fun, but I think you'd enjoy your time more at one of the AMA tracks...

bmart

Control Rider
VIR south or CMP.

VIR South will give you a chance to stretch your bikes legs while being challenged by a wide mix of turns every lap.

CMP is cheap and good place to explore your bikes setup and limits. There is very little elevation change (opposite of VIR), and the surface isn't silky smooth. Get a garage unles you have an ant fetish.

avizpls

#11-A
cool-CMP it is and I got a garage. How is it for showing up late? I was told that it is basically a matter of NESBA providing gate security....

Is there a history of how this has worked out? Can I plan on dropping my things off at the track late the night before?

fitz

Hey I'm in your area too.

When they add Summit 3.5hrs and possibly Mid-O 3hrs your schedule is going to change. Summit is easy for us to get to and so is Mid-O and both are GREAT tracks.

VIR is really a great track, BUT it's NOT easy to get to from our area.

Putnam 6hrs is also a really great track and easy to get to, but as it looks I wouldn't wait for it to happen with NESBA.

There might be a possibility for a Nealson ledges, I know the directors where going to try and it's only 2hrs., very easy to get to, nice track if you can ignore the bumps.

fitz

arhale09

I believe it's already been mentioned, but the garages at CMP can be had for pretty cheap, especially if you have a couple folks to split the cost with. But if you don't go that route, make sure you have some carpet with you to park your bike on. They are very strict about having nothing parked on the paved areas, and with the paddock being pretty sandy, the $30 on a piece of carpet will be well worth it. I'd also try to have a pretty fresh set of tires on your bike before heading down there. That place is notoriously rough on tires. Other than that, watch out for the bump on the inside of the kink. You can really carry a lot of speed through there, but get too far inside and you'll know about it....

DDay85

I also live in Pittsburgh, we met last season at Beaver. What weekends are you going to NJMP? Maybe we can share a ride and split some traveling costs? I also have a very close friend who lives in Philly that I, or we, can stay with.

- Dave

avizpls

#11-A
Yeah Dave, I remember ya. You're welcome to join along.

Im riding NJMP Lightning 5/14. I will leave Friday (13) morning (not superstitious are you?) and come home Sunday the 15th.

Riding NJMP Thunder 7/18. This is a monday event. I will leave Friday (15th) after work (6PM) arrive late Friday. Chill in philly for a few days and then ride monday. We will return home Tuesday sometime. (depending on whatever, we could just as easily leave saturday AM. Either way, I want to have a day free in philly.

I also have a friend in philly so thats why I schedule these days with some extra time out there. Its a little under an hour to NJMP from his place so we just leave his house the morning of the event.

DDay85

I was just granted a vacation day for Friday on the first trip. Unfortunately it looks like I can't take off Monday and Tuesday for the second trip.

avizpls

#11-A
Cool! I'll leave it up to you to remember to get in touch early that week to make plans. PM forthcoming....