suggestions for 2nd bike

soon Emily will tire of her ninja 250. I have a 2005 honda 600rr.

we'll sell the ninja and keep the honda and get something else so we can both ride either bike. I've considered our weight differences (over 50#); setup won't be the simplest thing, but doable.

WHAT bike would you get? around $5k is our max.

we're leaning towards a V twin, just for something different than an I4, but not opposed to a triple.

both will be track dedicated, so buying a used, prepped track bike is good. I've looked at the classifieds here and most things are I4's.

if your answer is SV650, please give your 2nd choice.

thanks in advance.
jbm

madriders86

SV650 (this is my first and also second choice. It's also the best choice :D)

If your ego will not allow you to ride an SV, you may be able to find a 748 or something within grasp.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Another I4 600

Might I suggest another I4..perhaps an R6 or a GSXR600?

That way you two can compare each and determine what you each prefer.

However, with such a weight difference..I don't think going between bikes is advisable to begin with.

Her bike's going to be WAY too soft for you, which will make handling suboptimal and tire wear even worse. If she's on a bike set up for you, she's going to feel like she's riding a 2x4 and it could also cause unnecessary tire wear.

If your individual weights were maybe within 15lbs, this idea would probably work better.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
D-Zum;133246 wrote: Might I suggest another I4..perhaps an R6 or a GSXR600?

That way you two can compare each and determine what you each prefer.

However, with such a weight difference..I don't think going between bikes is advisable to begin with.

Her bike's going to be WAY too soft for you, which will make handling suboptimal and tire wear even worse. If she's on a bike set up for you, she's going to feel like she's riding a 2x4 and it could also cause unnecessary tire wear.

If your individual weights were maybe within 15lbs, this idea would probably work better.
:agree: Good point...