Summit 10-24

physicistkev

Control Rider
Wade :)

I should be out there the night before for some camping. I will be out late but I will be there... if I can get my bike back together before Thursday night. Nothing like finding a brake problem at the last minute :argh:

Millwoodva

physicistkev;21404 wrote: Wade :)

I should be out there the night before for some camping. I will be out late but I will be there... if I can get my bike back together before Thursday night. Nothing like finding a brake problem at the last minute :argh:
New to NESBA...
No problem getting into the pits the night before?

BTW physicistkev... I have a '90 as well

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
til when?? plan on leaving richmond by 4....without traffic, should put us up at summit by 7.....will they be closed by then??

physicistkev

Control Rider
No, I have arrived there around 10pm and not had an issue. I am not sure what the gate times are but you should be fine if your there at 7pm.

rostam

weather?

I've arrived at 1 AM, gates were open, no problem.

On the other hand, what do you guys think about the weather. It should be in the 50's for the high. Any concerns over the stickiness of the tire, especially in the morning?:notsure:

physicistkev

Control Rider
Just keep an easy pace. Your bike will tell you what is the correct pace to run. If you don't listen, it can't be held responsible for what happens.

It will be cold in the am. Back in march I was at VIR when ambient temp was 27F when the first A session started. Needless to say, I didn't turn my best lap. Days that start cold are great for trying to find lines through corners. You are not going to be concentrating so hard on braking points. Smooth is the name of the game. It will be a bit slick in most of the am sessions. After lunch, once the sun has had time to heat up the track surface a bit and you take the time to warm up your tires, you should be able to run whatever pace you want.

However, my first comment is still the golden rule, no matter if its 30F or 100F outside.

Two years ago it was snowing in March on JC. That was disconcerting to say the least. I'll be there with my new (to me) bike on Friday and Saturday.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
rayten;20066 wrote: I will be breaking a cardinal rule: going by myself (anyone from Harrisburg area?), but I will be there with bells on....., er, ok, maybe not bells

Ray,
I live in Carlisle as well and will be there on the 25th and 26th for JC. Hit me up if you want to pit together.

vonstallin

Ok, just paid so im 100% in now...Had to work out some last minute issues ive been having with the bike, but i think i got it done this weekend so i'll so you cats.

Apex

+1

This will be my 2nd full day.

I would like to talk with anyone that might be doin a bit video? If possible give me a shout....I would love to get in the picture....other than the typical senario of getting passed!!!:doh:

Ron P

I'll be there on 10/26 riding the intro session since this will be my first time on a track. Want to test the waters before I jump in with both feet.

vonstallin

man...grab both ankles and take a canon ball dive into it...i bet less than 0.5% go and say this isnt for me....

Im the Crack..i mean Track man trying to get you hook....take a puff man...take a puff, lol..

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Apex;22400 wrote: This will be my 2nd full day.

I would like to talk with anyone that might be doin a bit video? If possible give me a shout....I would love to get in the picture....other than the typical senario of getting passed!!!:doh:
look for me there...i will be running a trail and chase camera....stop on by and we can line up together

MHR Speedy

Lemondrop;22469 wrote: look for me there...i will be running a trail and chase camera....stop on by and we can line up together
What bike are you running Lemondrop? I'm a B grouper also, and I have a tank cam.

rugbymook

Control Rider
Race Director
A buddy just came back from a car day and said they put some sealer down in t9. Make sure you regulars do a lap or two in survey mode before bombing that turn.