Summit 10-24

Morph

Control Rider
Ron P;22969 wrote: I've seen two different forecasts for Saturday. One is a 50% chance of scattered showers and the other is an 80% chance of showers before 2 pm with accumulation of 1-2". I'm hoping the former is true because I'm considering switching from my intro session on Sunday to the B group on Saturday (somemone has a spot for sale).
Ron it is consider extremely bad luck to mention the "R" word in conjunction with any track day......YOUR KILLIN US!!!!

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Hey all,

just checked my tires this morning and they are pretty cold (duh)....no tire warmer (...yet)...soo should i start out at a less PSI or more tomorrow??

Ron P

Morph;23008 wrote: Ron it is consider extremely bad luck to mention the "R" word in conjunction with any track day......YOUR KILLIN US!!!!
Sorry! I'm just stating what I read. I'd rather it be clear so I could ride Saturday and leave Sunday to watching football.

rk97

very strongly considering Sunday... the planets will have to align, but i've done dumber things.

whoever said the gates are open past 1AM, I'm coming after you if I have to sleep in my truck outside the gate ...instead of sleeping in my truck INSIDE the gate, lol.

HowNowBrownCow_72

ill be sleeping in my enclosed trailer friday night.
i either want it to be pouring by 7am on sat so i can go home then, or be clear to at least lunch time.
if its a spotty rain situation it will suck, but at least fri should make up for it before packin everything up for the winter.

and +1 for watchin football on sunday!!!!
wings and beer all day, yumm.

Ron P

Man, I'd love to have a clear day Saturday. I'm a little eager to hit the track. Plus, I'd also have Sunday to go riding with the missus before the games start.

Ron P

I was hoping the weather would change for the better Saturday. I'm going to stick with Sunday, though.

Vega

rk97;23015 wrote: whoever said the gates are open past 1AM, I'm coming after you if I have to sleep in my truck outside the gate
I have arrived at 1 am before too and gates were open, no worries. Everyone probably wished they didn't let me in because the exhaust blew off of my truck on the way there and I made a not-so-inconspicuous arrival. :D

Anyway, I've been absent from the boards lately but I'll be arriving tonight and riding Saturday and Sunday. See you all there!

MHR Speedy

I'd like to thank NESBA and all of the CR's for running another great day on Main... even through the cold and me leaving my warmers at home in a mad dash, I was still able to have a blast!

I'm still working on the videos but I got a couple up...

www.youtube.com/user/rawdogg500

I've made 2 versions of each video, one with music(NSFW) and the exhaust, one with just the exhaust...

The session 4 video includes the turn 1 lowside, and the front straight 1098 crash...

Nice meeting some of you all for the first time, hope to see you all out there next season...

PS: I hope somebody out there got me on video... :cough: Lemondrop :cough:

smorourke

MHR Speedy;23600 wrote:
The session 4 video includes the turn 1 lowside, and the front straight 1098 crash...
That was me (lowside) and my friend (front straight wreck). Mine was definitely cold tire lowside. :banghead: Sorry about that red flag folks - I cleaned it up as quickly as I could after the last group rounded turn one. Here is a better shot of the 1098 after we got it on the trailer.

Everyone was okay. Before session #4 - was a pretty good day..

MHR Speedy

smorourke;23609 wrote: That was me (lowside) and my friend (front straight wreck). Mine was definitely cold tire lowside. :banghead: Sorry about that red flag folks - I cleaned it up as quickly as I could after the last group rounded turn one. Here is a better shot of the 1098 after we got it on the trailer.

Everyone was okay. Before session #4 - was a pretty good day..
Glad to hear you're both doing ok... did ur friend tuck the front, or tap the rider ahead of him?

smorourke

He said he was coming up real fast on the rider in front of him and that rider braked by the tower - he got on the front (and maybe rear??) brake and the bike washed out front under him. Weird crash for sure.

Ron P

Yesterday my first time too and I had a blast! I picked up a '02 Gixxer 600 to use and I'm glad I got it instead of taking a street bike. I unfortunately had tranny problems that relegated me to third gear and hence I became a moving chicane in the beginner group. Despite that, I worked on my lines and outside of a few "interesting" moments, got more comfortable as the day progressed.

So now the addiction must be fed. The laundry list includes new tranny, all new fluids, body repair, brake pads and rubber. Good thing March is four months away.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
i am working on some things....but i have a wee bit of a problem....will let ya'll know once i get it together.......

again...GREAT DAY....lemondrop needs a new right clip-on, master cylinder, fairing stay and i need to not be a puss on the brakes in T1...turns out if you are going faster down the front straight, ya may hafta 1) get on the brakes sooner or 2) actually squeeze the brakes a lil more....