Summit JC August 26

r6blondie

Staff member
Control Rider
Jus wondering if we will get credit for Summit Jefferson Circuit becasue of the rain/lightning. Please let me know, thanks!

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Rain Credits are issued for elite members. The standard membership no longer provides for rain insurance. If you're an elite member and did not get credit I will contact Chris to look into it.

simonburic

Dave561;254466 wrote: Rain Credits are issued for elite members. The standard membership no longer provides for rain insurance. If you're an elite member and did not get credit I will contact Chris to look into it.
So we have to sign up more than 2 weeks ahead and there is no rain insurance?

simonburic

bronsonj;254517 wrote: seems like maybe there should be an exception for JC since there is no rain riding on that track.
I wasn't signed up or there but was there any riding on the track at all that day? Just trying to get a handle on the rain policy.

andykurz

We rode in the morning. One full session, "I" was out for the second session and a lot of rain hit all of a sudden. That was it for the day; ultimately, the day was called at 1:30.

I think Emerson was the only A rider, I know he got out at least once. I don't know if the B group got more than one session.

Was a bummer of a day, but you can't control the weather!

Motofun352

Control Rider
Here's a HINT for those that didn't get it the first, second or third time......Buy the elite membership it's worth it....better yet, ride twelve times a year (you know you want to!) and it comes with the territory! :D

r6blondie

Staff member
Control Rider
if it was just raining on a "non-peanut oiled" track i would have ran the whole day, love to work on throttle control in the rain... But the fact that we really got 1 session in, and the track itself wouldnt let their corner workers work, I think its some special circumstances there.
Rain insurance is one thing... Lightning and peanut oil is another....

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
Hey folks, I want to make sure I address this:

The day was a poor one and we did what we could to assure that we maximized the track time for all members. Unfortunately, the weather is something none of us can control and we did our best to make the most of the day.

In the case of speaking with all the members who attended the day, I was speaking from with the understanding that we all read the rider's manual and understand the rules. I know that in my meetings I make sure that I say over and over again that members should speak to me and ask me questions. In this case, my assumption that everyone reads the riders manual (one of the first things suggested on this forum for all new members), may have been incorrect, however I cannot assure that all new members or existing members read the manual.

It is clearly stated in the manual that rain credits are issued only for Elite members and per the policy of NESBA for a cancelled event.

If anyone would like to discuss this, please feel free to email me chris.kubricky@nesba.com

For those that misunderstood, I apologize. It was not my intent to mislead and in the future I will be very clear as I now understand that some folks may not know where the manual is located or have chosen not to review it. Thanks very much for your understanding.

The NESBA manual is available here: http://www.nesba.com/Info/Forms.htm