Summit Main 6/5 AIRFENCE

TwoTyres

5pm is when Andy is there. the gate guard doesn't let us in until 6pm but last time Andy said to tell the gate guard we were helping set up the air fence and he would let us in. He will be driving around looking for help.

Rodger Lyle has the track Thursday, do they have the air fence?

ganglo

I can't see why WERA would not run the airfence. There was a clear case in T4 in April when gentlemen hit the wall and ended up under the airbag that indicates the airfences clearly increase the safety of Summit Point.

I will be able to help on Friday teardown if it is indeed necessary. Has anyone spoken with Terry or Simon at MARRC for their input. It would be great if we could coordinate the airbag setup with them.

Assuming WERA will use the air fences, I am certain MARRC will appreciate if anyone that is racing this weekend offers to help with tear down of the bags on Sunday evening.

alphamale

Remind me again, why do you guys need help? JUST KIDDING

I would like to help if needed on Friday evening before I migrate to Jefferson.

pitmomma

Photo_060409_001.jpg

We were there!

Motomoon

A refreshing sippy cup for a hard days work;) I guess thats what it takes to keep Joe motivated.

Damn that baby is ugly....put that thing in turn 4 and no one would hit the bags.

dale.b

Motomoon;61229 wrote: A refreshing sippy cup for a hard days work;) I guess thats what it takes to keep Joe motivated.

Damn that baby is ugly....put that thing in turn 4 and no one would hit the bags.

Yeah the big one in blue is hideous. :D

Leave the one in pink and everyone will stop to hug and squeeze her.

Rick Johnson

Air fence rocks.They should consider putting some up on both sides of the bridge due
to last weekends tragic mishap.

Joe Vital

If more people don't show up to help we won't have any fence at all...

My very limited knowledge of crash dynamics combined with my non-existent knowledge of the crash specifics won't allow me comment on the where or where not Air Fence ought to be placed...Andy does what he thinks is best. It would however be nice to have the whole track lined with the stuff.

jls223

Is Andy gonna need any help on Sunday evening for 7/6 or will the fence already be up? :notsure:

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Geoff,

I'll be heading down to JC midday Sunday, so I can help Sunday night or early Monday morning. I'll have Rob jr. with me to help out too.

Rob ..

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Geoff Doyer;58766 wrote: we will need help tearing it down Friday night at 5pm.
also....till what time? I cannot get there till 7-8pm...will you still be setting it up?

Joe Vital

i think the way it works when there is racing, in this case ccs, the fence will be installed by andy's 'professional' crew. we are allowed to borrow it on monday because we will help andy take it down monday evening. at least i think this is the way it will work.

p.s. andy has some of the coldest beer in the paddock...