Summit ok?

gsxrida1980

Hey all - I haven't been on the boards in a while nor have I done a trackday in a few months. Is Summit surface still an issue? I wanna squeeze in one last day for the year - possibly next Friday. thanks

1literduceater

I just read something the other day (maybe WERA forum) that the surface is still in pretty decent condition post lastest patchwork. I wouldnt be too worried about it.

moto italiano

from a buddy who was there 9/13:

Turn one repaved, turn five repaved, turn six repaved. Turn ten and especially turn three still looking like lots of sealer and not much grip. Talked to a CR and he said he had just railed through turn three and it was fine. Lots of traction, just looks greasy.

for what its worth, sounds like its pretty much back to its former self.

updated

I was just there on Monday 10/13.
All the patch work that was done last month is falling apart.

I was there on 9/8 and it was like a new track but since than all the patch work is choppy and looks kinda grey or almost clear.

I think t5 was the worst.

updated

In that video you can see how choppy t5 is. What happened in only 1 month?:dunno:

Also, in Sept the new blasktop in t1 was black. Why is it a different color now?:dunno:

vonstallin

its good enuff...
I did a few wera races and its about as good as its going to get now. I rode it 10-13 and did my best lap times also.

when i rode it with wera it had fresh sealer slap on it the night b4, and some of it was slippery to the touch...but by sunday enuff rubber was laid to take it.

The only thing new right now is some grenish grey brain matter looking shit all thru T1...but I hit the track everywhere with no issue.

T5 might be the worst...not that bad but it have the tank treads starting to show up again, again i ran over constantly with out an issue.

on a scale...lets see...

Oct 2007 i give it a 10...totaly perfect.
Wera Race summer 2008= 6...sketchie
4 weeks ago = 7
Monday the 13th = 8.5

Its good besides the morning dew going out first...I had no slip n slide at all so no worries folks.... sign up and hit it good...one more time!!!!

See ya their...