Summit Point 6/29-7/1

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Hey Everyone

Now that I'm back at work:doh:, I was thinking about how much fun this past weekend was. Packed up and headed down Friday night. Camped out with a few friends and had a few adult beverages forced down my thought (I went kicking and screaming right?). Saturday was beautiful and the grids were great. Enough people to have fun but not too many to cause traffic issues so we were able to focus time on each member looking for some feedback.

Sunday at Shenandoah was a mystery to play out as the day went on. Rain Sat night didn't give us the chance to walk the track so lap 1 was very interesting. After a few laps things were starting to fit together and by the 3rd session the true flow of the track was starting to work it's way into my head. At least the panic of "what the hell direction am I going next" started to exit my train of thought. The "B" group meeting at lunch was great. We had a full house and lots of great questions came out while we talked about the track and our riding. After lunch I had a couple of proud members point out their scuffed up knee pucks! Yeee Haaa! Way to go. Good body position and being smooth paid off. I met a ton of great new people at Shenny, so I hope we get to see you guys and gals again very soon.

Monday we had Main to play on and Mother Nature gave everyone a session to get warmed up and a session to see how our tires worked on a damp track. However we broke for lunch early and had a beautiful afternoon. We grouped A and I together and ran 20/20's the rest of the day so we got all our session in for the day.

Congrats on the bumps this weekend. Some just had a few minor pieces of the puzzle to put together and they worked at it and got the bump. I saw a few more Monday that were really making some great progress through the day. Keep up the good work.

And most of all, THANK YOU for 3 straight days of fun. Thanks for everyone who made my Son feel like he was at his second home. I really couldn't do this without people like yourselves who make coming to the track so enjoyable for Alex and me. I cannot wait until the next TD. See you all soon and thanks again.

bboynicku

Thanks John definitely was a great weekend. I was there for Sat/Sun and both Jefferson and Shenny were new to me. I decided to go to the B lunch meeting both days to help understand the track (i was the one that walked out closer to end cause they were calling I group lol). Right leg was destroyed at the end of the day after Jefferson so thank god that shenny had mostly left turns which of course proceeded to destroy my left leg. I can barely walk right now.

Jefferson in the morning i did not realize did not have power so i had to plug into the classroom and take it out to my pits haha. I definitely need to get with a CR early on in session 1 or 2 and follow their lines so i'm not reinforcing bad lines when learning a new track. It took me a couple sessions before getting comfortable.

The first two sessions of shenny i definitely did not like the track and thought to myself a 600 has no place here. this is a 250 track. But after we talked about lines in the classroom session 3 was awesome and things started to flow for me as well. By the end of the day i was smiling from ear to ear. Definitely a great track!

Anyway, thanks to Nesba for a great weekend! Can't wait to do it again!!

t_j

John,

It was a pleasure to be pitted next you and Ty. as ever you guys definitely make the whole experience much more enjoyable. I think it's the small things adding up to make for a great time. When I saw you guys pull into the paddock Friday night I knew it was going to be a great weekend. Alex is a great kid and never seems to not be enjoying himself when at the track this is a great hobby you guys have together.

Thanks for all the work you do and for giving these weekends the best atmosphere one could wish for!

quicker69

Thanks John for a great weekend! And thanks to the CR's for going above and beyond at Shenny,new track for some if not most and on top of that pulling double duty.Hope NESBA considers adding Shenny to the track day rotation at Summit Point.

Tom,had the same feeling when you came walking over Friday night.Always good to see you brother!

erichmond

Big thanks to you John, and to Bob, Dave and all of the CR's that make NESBA track days so much fun! I rarely get to do back-to-back TD's but being able to do Jefferson on Saturday and Shenny on Sunday was an absolute blast, even if I was so exhausted I could barely function by the last two sessions at Shenny. About half way through that last session on Sunday I was just thinking about putting my hand up and calling it a day when CR Ryan came by me and got in front of me to show me where I needed to clean up my lines. As tired as I was I just couldn't pass up that opportunity and ended up staying out there the rest of the session, though I was so beat I'm not sure much learning actually took place. Looking forward to riding with you all again, at Summit and elsewhere. I can't imagine what it was like for those who rode all 3 days - if I had tried to do that I'd be in bed for the next 2 days! Cheers, Ed

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Good riding with you again Ed. Always great seeing you out there. Yeah, 3 days out there was tough but now I get to sit on my ass at my computer and design houses all day so it all works out in the end.

Tom, it was a pleasure pitting with you Sat/Sun. Wish you could have hung out Monday.

Ty, thanks for heading down with us and talking me into Hardee's :dunno:

Tom #14, great job Sat and Monday. Congratz on the bump and we threw you to the wolves with the A/I sessions. Getting passed on the outside for the first time in I is cool but getting stuffed like a Thanksgiving Bird for the first time is unforgettable.

Polska

John,

Thanks again for all of your tips, advice, and probably most imporantly, your patience. I had a great time Sat/Mon despite meeting the pavement once each day. It was good a good feeling to shake off the jitters, hop back on, and finish the day on the main track with a bump to I. I look forward to progressing and learning from the CR's and riders in the I group. I can tell you getting passed on the inside by the A guys as if I was standing still was actually a good feeling, makes me have something to work toward.

I'm going to scrap together some loose couch change, sell some personal belongings, and possibly prostitute myself to save up some cash for the next few coming weekends. I'm going to try to make Beave and NJ this season at least once, see you there!

Tomasz

CBRtist

Was just getting ready to post my usual "Yay GO NESBA"...

and then saw this great one from you John :)

Many thanks to you all (CRs and members) and the weather for turning my day around. I missed all my sessions before lunch due to this or that, but the A/I grouping let me make my time up.

If there was ever a doubt how dedicated CRs are to us getting out there and ensuring we have fun, you just needed to see John (after 2 days of tired and needing to get out to the grid to CR) push my bike (with my 200+ lb. husband on it) in an effort to get it started so I could get out there :adore::cr: Also thanks to member Will for continuing to push with his dirt bike after John had to go out.

Thank you Kris for taking the time, since it was my first time at that track, to go over my map and draw in the race line for me. It was very helpful to be able to try to get that down during the day. And thanks to you and John both for the tows and follow up conversations letting me know what I needed to tweak and where.

I can't stop laughing about the time (well, it was actually more than once :rolleyes:) where I was just riding in the dirt and looked over to see John riding there give me a look like "Uh... you know your riding in the dirt right????" and then reentered the track.

Very good time. Made a few more friends and looking forward to the next adventure!

P.S. I did want to add that we had originally thought we could camp there but then got the big NO :mad: from the delightful, friendly, people-person lady *insert sarcasm* at the main office and that we were getting booted at 7. Since we had a long drive back to DE, we ended up instead at Harpers Ferry Campground which is very close and got a beautiful riverfront spot on the Potomac River. Well worth it to those who want to stay the night nearby!

CBRtist

Polska;279725 wrote: I'm going to scrap together some loose couch change, sell some personal belongings, and possibly prostitute myself to save up some cash for the next few coming weekends.
Tomasz
I call it "The Bank of NESBA". Just think of it as investment and return on the investment ;)

CBRtist

Slitherin;279526 wrote: Thanks for everyone who made my Son feel like he was at his second home. I really couldn't do this without people like yourselves who make coming to the track so enjoyable for Alex and me.
Speaking of "second home", was it you I saw a pic floating on FB with the uber cool homey interior in your hauler and the cool bunk beds you and your son are in? If it was, do those fold up somehow or break down? Could be cool to have if we ever have company in the toy hauler garage.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
CBRtist;279737 wrote:
I can't stop laughing about the time (well, it was actually more than once :rolleyes:) where I was just riding in the dirt and looked over to see John riding there give me a look like "Uh... you know your riding in the dirt right????" and then reentered the track.
LOL! Wendy, that right there is some funny shit. I was like, Ok, no problem, come on back......no really come on back......seriously, its much more fun on the black stuff........ah, there ya go.

I know how frustrating it can be to have all that stuff happen at once in the pits and really turn a fun day bad. I wanted to make sure you didn't let it get you down. I knew with how light the day was that you would have plenty of track time to enjoy. In reality you only really missed 1 dry session and one wet session so in the grand scheme of things, you were probably better off missing that second session anyway. In fact ask Tom if he should have sat the 2nd session out. On second thought, he learned a valuable lesson. Wet track = less grip + Turn 1 = gravel pit. I think Einstein came up with it.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
CBRtist;279739 wrote: Speaking of "second home", was it you I saw a pic floating on FB with the uber cool homey interior in your hauler and the cool bunk beds you and your son are in? If it was, do those fold up somehow or break down? Could be cool to have if we ever have company in the toy hauler garage.
Yes, that's my poor man's toy hauler. I got the bunkable cots at Cabela's on sale for $199 and each one breaks down into its own carry case. My trailer packing is like an origami puzzle. 5x10 trailer, Bike, pit bike, mountain bike, gen, tool cart, stands bunk beds, 2 canopies, fan, grill, tote full of leathers, tote full of parts, TV, PS3, Sleeping bags, and Pillows. I actually said to myself this weekend, "what do I normally put in that space". Seems I had a 1'x1' exposed floor space that was empty. Guess I'll find something to add to the mix next event.

Link to cot http://www.cabelas.com/product/Camping/Cots-Pads-Beds/Cots%7C/pc/104795280/c/104712480/sc/104280480/Disc-O-Bed-Cam-O-Cot-Bunk-Beds/735034.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fcots%2F_%2FN-1100677%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104280480%3FWTz_l%3DUnknown%253Bcat104795280%253Bcat104712480&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat104795280%3Bcat104712480%3Bcat104280480

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
Very challenging but very fun weekend with three different tracks to ride. Sunday it was phenomenal to see a packed track full of people riding well and respecting their limits. Great to see everyone too!